09:21 AM on 10/01/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Who was #1?
09:36 AM on 10/01/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
I actually feel bad for her. She'll probably get dropped from the label after this. I guess her whole 'getting signed to a major after one song/video goes viral' story was too good to be true.
09:46 AM on 10/01/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
this is no where near the worst debut of all time - major or not.
Care to enlighten us?
09:51 AM on 10/01/12
harveyn590
User Info.
To be fair, check out Nielsen Soundscan if you have access, there are artists on majors no one has heard of that have debuted with around 100 copies.
10:42 AM on 10/01/12
jeremyc
it was my only wish to rise
User Info.
0 sales from Oakland
11:23 AM on 10/01/12
punkrawker515
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was a monstrous gaff from the start.

The song went viral and she got signed. First thing the major label did was pull the original video from youtube. Then in failing to produce another one, they reuploaded the same video. Krey didn't get a million dollars for signing. No one gets that kind of money anymore unless you are an established artist guarraunteed to sell. Then the label sat on her instead of just pushing something out immediately, (which they should've done) for around 14 months after a viral single. Viral hits have incredibly short lived life spans because there is often no substance behind them. People get obsessed for a short window, then forget about it. And for some reason, her release was only pushed to hot topic stores, which is a horrible idea. Right crowd marketing wise, but it limits her projections immensely. She'll be dropped within the next 6 months.
12:42 PM on 10/01/12
Rodeo
User Info.
This was a monstrous gaff from the start.

The song went viral and she got signed. First thing the major label did was pull the original video from youtube. Then in failing to produce another one, they reuploaded the same video. Krey didn't get a million dollars for signing. No one gets that kind of money anymore unless you are an established artist guarraunteed to sell. Then the label sat on her instead of just pushing something out immediately, (which they should've done) for around 14 months after a viral single. Viral hits have incredibly short lived life spans because there is often no substance behind them. People get obsessed for a short window, then forget about it. And for some reason, her release was only pushed to hot topic stores, which is a horrible idea. Right crowd marketing wise, but it limits her projections immensely. She'll be dropped within the next 6 months.

Brilliant assessment. I agree completely. Outdated strategies galore.
01:11 PM on 10/01/12
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
i feel bad for torrenting now :/
03:06 PM on 10/01/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Pretty sure Azealia Banks and Kitty Pryde killed her career. Once they broke ground, I forgot Kreayshawn existed.
03:06 PM on 10/01/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Also I'm pretty sure being white and using racial slurs will hurt album sales. People don't forget stuff like that.
03:07 PM on 10/01/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
...And starting beef with Lil B. #Basedworld is very #unforgiving towards #haters.
05:20 PM on 10/01/12
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I thought Soldier Boy released the number one lowest? Was it infact Jesse Camp??
05:22 PM on 10/01/12
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Also I'm pretty sure being white and using racial slurs will hurt album sales. People don't forget stuff like that.
She dropped the N word?
05:25 PM on 10/01/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
http://www.sohh.com/2011/07/game_def...wn_ diss.html

Also here is her equally classy friend:
06:08 PM on 10/01/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
To see if any after-market parts fall off?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos