Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 71
03:45 PM on 10/01/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
As long as they keep making them, I'll keep buying them. Overall, I still find an mp3 to be incredibly cold and informal compared to a physical copy with artwork and liner notes that can be displayed as part of a greater collection.

I'm just glad we grew up in a time where we still purchased physical copies. Kids today don't know that same experience of the excitement of picking up a CD you've been waiting for and the first listen as you thumb through the booklet. That anticipation couldn't be beat.
I agree. I have a few hundred CDs and keep them alphabetically, still listen to them in the car all the time, or throw one on if I'm working out at home. Nobody can possibly be proud of an MP3 collection, hell most people stole all their digital albums anyway.
03:46 PM on 10/01/12
fightinirish217
Your love will be / safe with me
User Info.
Just pre-ordered the Anberlin album off Best Buy b/c of the package deal with the documentary.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I do for the bands I really love.

On that note, Now 83 will be out in November. 83...
Maybe 100 will be tha last new CD ever produced.
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
bought 3 of my fave Journey albums last week for $20
forgot how cool cd's are, especially the incerts\booklets
03:49 PM on 10/01/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
As long as they keep making them, I'll keep buying them. Overall, I still find an mp3 to be incredibly cold and informal compared to a physical copy with artwork and liner notes that can be displayed as part of a greater collection.

I'm just glad we grew up in a time where we still purchased physical copies. Kids today don't know that same experience of the excitement of picking up a CD you've been waiting for and the first listen as you thumb through the booklet. That anticipation couldn't be beat.

This and not knowing there was a secret track on an album. Whenever I bought a cd in high school, the first thing I'd do is flip the disc over to see if I could see a break in the "information". Secret tracks were all the rage for a lot of bands I listened to 2000-2004. Nowadays you either see "[hidden track]" next to an mp3 file or can easily read that the last track is 10+ minutes. Nothing secret about that!
03:54 PM on 10/01/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Last CD I bought was Proper in March I believe, as long as I still have my car without an Ipod hookup I will continue to buy CD's.
04:04 PM on 10/01/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Over a hundred, and a few more every now and then.

It's the smallest you can go physically while having enjoyable artwork/booklet/etc. So it's still the best format for me.
04:13 PM on 10/01/12
FaceLixeMurder
Amplitude!
User Info.
Hell yeah I do. I would much rather pay $9.99 for a physical item then the same price for taking up hard drive space.
04:14 PM on 10/01/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
I have a collection of about 80 now, my first being Dookie and my most recent being Floral Green and Babel, both bought on the same day. I buy CD's when I feel the album deserves to be bought, but when I don't want to pony up 15-30 for the vinyl. Best Buy's $10 CDs on release date and usually 8 the week after are a godsend.
04:23 PM on 10/01/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
Only two this year, due to their bonus stuff.

Hurts - Happiness (Deluxe) - came with a concert DVD
FSF - Penny Black - part of that mega bundle
04:25 PM on 10/01/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I've always been a fan of CDs. I love opening them, the first listen, the booklet. I've been streaming before buying lately, but I'll wait to have my first listen on an album I know I'll enjoy.
04:45 PM on 10/01/12
esposimi
The System Is Down
User Info.
Last CD I bought was Proper in March I believe, as long as I still have my car without an Ipod hookup I will continue to buy CD's.
So glad my car has a aftermarket stereo with USB now, hated having to burn a CD. FM transmitters sucked! I still buy CD's though.
04:56 PM on 10/01/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Always. Someone broke my Zune like three years ago, and I can't really afford the $200 for a new iPod or anything, and my car doesn't have an mp3 player hookup anyway, so CDs and vinyl are my main things. Anything else, I just use Spotify.
04:57 PM on 10/01/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Yes. I appreciate the artwork and I love having them signed. It's just not the same as a bunch of MP3 files on your computer. The records I love the most, I make sure I have a physical copy of.

I also appreciate special/deluxe packages.

Fuck the whole "lol who buys CDs anymore?" phrase or whatever -.-'
05:05 PM on 10/01/12
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
User Info.
Recently sold most of mine except for the most meaningful ones. Vinyl's the way for me now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos