Username
Password

03:02 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
the_PauLo
What?
CR2
Male - 31 Years Old
I'm pretty sure the two long tracks have been included in their live set for a little while now.

Gamelan and Albanian are songs they used to play before they went on hiatus. Look hard enough and there are decent live copies from way back then. Personally, I never gave them a proper listen as i'm not really a fan of live recording, so this album will be kinda brand new to me. At least until I hear it and think "oh yeah, they played that when I saw them last year".

I really need to get on and give it a listen...
03:49 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
Amazing album.
12:38 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
lookaghost
themosaicny.bandcamp.com/
Male - 22 Years Old
saw godspeed in boston on monday. they played a new song that wasn't on the new album that is tentatively being titled "behemoth" that was incredible. parts of it got extremely heavy. here's to hoping that'll come out on another new album next year or something.
07:18 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Rodeo
saw godspeed in boston on monday. they played a new song that wasn't on the new album that is tentatively being titled "behemoth" that was incredible. parts of it got extremely heavy. here's to hoping that'll come out on another new album next year or something.

Awesome update. Thank you. Seeing them in a little over 10 days.
09:33 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Let's burn the hills of Beverly!
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
Holy crap, more new stuff? I could go for another EP...
02:19 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Litost
never be lost
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
finally gave this a good listen instead of a casual "i'm studying and it's on in the background" listen and holy shit this is a good record. so stoked for the 10th
09:37 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Litost
never be lost
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
I love how the copy of the new record that I got at the show tonight says "Two thousand stoned kids will be stoked" on it
12:50 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
oh my god this interview

http://apps.facebook.com/theguardian...ull-transcript
07:18 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
IAmNietzche
i was born holding elemental poison
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old

Quote:
As a member of a dance group 10 women, democratically run I know full well how hard it is to agree on anything. How does Godspeed operate as a community?

Your car breaks and you take it to the garage dirty room, five mechanics maybe, car keys hung on nails next to the front counter. Two cars on lifts, one car in the corner, all the other cars parked in the back. Everything and everybody is covered in grease, everyone's smoking like crazy. They have to fix 20 cars before 5pm, or else the backlog will fucking break everybody's back until Christmas. The parts suppliers roll in every half-hour or so, mostly bringing new brake pads and flex-hoses, but bumpers sometimes, oil-pans, headlight assemblies or timing belts.

In a good garage, the whole mess of it almost collapses all day long. Dudes yell and argue, everything's going wrong and why are we doing this anyways? The hose won't fucking fit, or the screwdriver slips and you lose the hose-clamp somewhere beneath the undercarriage. The sun starts to set and the floor gets littered with burnt bulbs, spent gaskets, oil, and sweat, and brake fluid. Someone's hungover, someone's heartbroken, someone couldn't sleep last night, someone feels unappreciated, but all that matters is making it through the pile, the labour is shared and there's a perfect broken poetry to the hammering and yelling, the whine of the air compressor kicking to life every five minutes or so.

It all seems impossible. But somehow we make it through the pile. The cars run again. The cars drive away. Rough day but now it's done, and everything's fine; everything's better than fine. Tomorrow we'll do it all over again. You deal with the Volvo, I'll deal with the Toyota. Heat and noise. All day, every day, until it's quiet again. We fix cars until we die. We love fixing cars.

Do people like me just take you too seriously?

Probably.

Awesome.
10:36 AM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old

Yeah, I absolutely love the imagery.
And that last question/answer is priceless, I've always wanted to ask them (and similar bands) that.
04:06 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
Katonah, NY
Male - 26 Years Old
Best New Music. 9.3
sweet.
04:32 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
awesome.
04:52 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
9.3, damn
11:44 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
IAmNietzche
i was born holding elemental poison
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
My only issue with this album is that it doesn't feel cohesive if you listen to it from front to back. Mladic and We Drift Like Worried Fire are undoubtedly two of the best songs they've written, but I don't think they totally succeeded in melding them together with the drone interludes. Regardless, this is such a great listen.
12:23 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
oldwirehands
pherm
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Yesterday, I decided to go for a walk and listen to this record. The tops of skyscrapers were covered in fog and the sky was a deep grey; the bridges looked more dilapidated than usual, and there was virtually no one around the typical tourist attractions. About halfway through "Mladic" I was finally soaking wet by the light rain being pushed into me by the strong winds. "We Drift Like Worried Fire" seemed to brighten the reflections of light in the puddles, and on the windows of nearby buildings. The entire experience was quite comforting, even though I've been at quite a low point recently.

Although, I have to agree the interludes feel sorta empty, and are not their best transitions compared to their earlier recordings. I feel like they didn't much effort into this release, but overall, I really enjoy it. They're one of my favorite bands of all-time, and I can't really see them putting out something that I would not be able to enjoy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets