Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 148.
09:40 PM on 10/01/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
After listening to both of those tracks I think I will take Issues' advise and go listen to Genesis.

It's time for Selling England by the Pound, motherfuckers.
09:44 PM on 10/01/12
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.

This is better than both. Damn, I miss when Hance screamed. So much emotion.
This is actually pretty good, and is miles ahead of their of the two features of this news post.

The WIE song was a pathetic generic mess and the Issues song sounds exactly like a Skip the Foreplay song with some good cleans thrown in.
09:49 PM on 10/01/12
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Ive never really listened to any of these artists, but i can say that i like the second track better, both tracks have terrible lyrics but the second track is more fun to me, and the bridge in it was really good.
09:51 PM on 10/01/12
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the fuck is this? A planned beef between two of Joey Sturgis' computer programs. Besides the fact that both of these songs are fucking terrible, in what universe is a band ever going to be able to pull either of these songs off live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgIbM2hnHgo
09:53 PM on 10/01/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I only got to the part where he rhymed best, chest, test and rest.
10:01 PM on 10/01/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
the lyrics in the Issues song are awful, and doriano's screams in Woe is Me are awful. actually the screams and lyrics in both of them are awful.

they both need to stop talking shit and just write regular songs. shit is so forced.

What the fuck is this? A planned beef between two of Joey Sturgis' computer programs. Besides the fact that both of these songs are fucking terrible, in what universe is a band ever going to be able to pull either of these songs off live?

Joey Sturgis has never done any work for either of these bands, so no.
10:03 PM on 10/01/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I thought Chris Brown and Drake was supposed to be the weakest beef this year.
10:03 PM on 10/01/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
What the fuck. Both have high school lyrics. The vocalists sound bad in Issues (perhaps mixing?) and Woe's random pop chord progressions in their choruses just doesn't work. Big put off, not that I expected a lot but seriously?

Overall the beef is childish.

Edit: Yeah both songs have horrible vocals. I just meant that I expected better from Issues.
10:05 PM on 10/01/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
loving the new Woe, Is Me. Doriano & Hance are way better than michael & that jonny craig wannabe
issues sound so sloppy. starts off sounding like a rip-off of Volumes/After The Burial, then they add some stupid nu metal turntable scratches. make up your mind

Hance and Doriano should find bands with other members who actually match their talent level.
they need to kick austin out. his over programmed/produced drumming is annoying\stale

Turned off the issues song the second Tyler's voice came in. WIM is such a better band without him.
he's too whiny
10:13 PM on 10/01/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.

Except all the Woe, Is Me albums have been done at Chango, and Issues is a Kris Cummett joint.

Man, I miss the days when a Crummett production was something to look forward to. It all went downhill when he did that fucking Scarlett O'Hara production and he realized all the money is in shitty metalcore bands that want the same easy to dial in sound. It's a shame that Set Sail the Prairie will always be his best work, and he did that so early in his career. Dude still does some great work here and there, but I miss when I'd check out an album just because his name was on the production credits.

The production on the Issues song is just about immaculate, it's too bad the song doesn't stack up.
10:29 PM on 10/01/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Rise is gonna build up this little feud between them, then they'll put them on a tour together to try and get extra tickets sold.

Not the first time, and it won't be the last time.
10:32 PM on 10/01/12
dancerazdance
http://youarerocksolid.tumblr.co m/
User Info.
the problem i have with woe is me is the fact that their new lead guitarist sucks. tim, the original guitarist that recorded numbers was great.
he wasnt the king of originality but his tapping parts were great. that replacment live guitarist they had for a lil bit after tim left did tims taping parts while crouching down to get the notes right (
), tim did them standing up no problem.
that new guitar player woe has cant even play those taping parts live so he just plays power chords which is sad.. ((

and heres tim playing his parts standing up with no problem-
(zoom on1:18)..
makes me think "is that really that hard to get a decent guitar player these days?"
10:41 PM on 10/01/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
....wait, what's going on...why is no one making fun of WIM using bracket[s] yet? God this site sucks.
10:52 PM on 10/01/12
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Wow, complete shit. WIM just doing the trendy Nu Metal revivalist thing. Issues sounds exactly like old WIM just poppier.... Fuck this scene shit.
10:54 PM on 10/01/12
stevenavm
Plumpass McBallscratch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i dig the issues track. could have lived without the digs at austin and the woe boys, but i guess tyler and mike had to get their one say in. hopefully it ends there. the song itself is kinda refreshing.

the woe's outrageous song is fucking terrible, doriano sounds like shit, hance sounds doctored, i don't know. i'll still pick up both releases and see what happens but this song sucks ass.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests