Username
Password

08:00 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified

Such a huge step back in the right direction after the kinda lackluster Hello. Splitting with Mraz seems to have really lit a fire under her again. She's emotionally invested again and it's wonderful to hear.

My favorites "Deepest Ocean Blue", "I Was Gonna Marry You", "When You Come Down" aren't on youtube yet.
08:20 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Better than Hello, but still doesn't touch Twentythree. Enjoyable album that is a bit too one-dimensional
08:22 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Nothing is going to touch twentythree. But very few artists release two albums that great. It's an unfair rubric to grade the rest of her work on.
08:36 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
That's true, but even without that album I'd feel the same way about this one. An enjoyable album that is a bit too one-dimensional
08:45 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Listened to twentythree for the first time a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it. Looking forward to checking this out. Lots of good music released all of a sudden.
08:49 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I don't really agree, Steve.

And George, I hope you like it. Girl could use a higher profile.
09:11 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
Posting for later
09:14 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
R.O.T.T.W.E.I.L.E.R. S.N.A.T.C.H.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
'Step back forward'

Had no clue she was releasing something. Will listen very very soon.
09:40 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Giving this a listen and liking what I'm hearing so far.
09:47 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Just finished my first listen, I really enjoyed it, some beautiful songs. Definitely going to be one to revisit in the future, especially seeing as I only heard of her a few days ago.

By the sounds of it, her last record Hello wasn't very good. Is it still worth checking out anyway, or would I just be wasting my time?
10:11 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
R.O.T.T.W.E.I.L.E.R. S.N.A.T.C.H.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
My god. I haven't listened to any music this year, and most albums I have heard I've been expecting for months. This one came out of nowhere and floored me. Very powerful breakup album. I thought their split was much more mutual, I was WAY off.
12:51 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified

You will love.

'Step back forward'

Had no clue she was releasing something. Will listen very very soon.

I fixed it. Ass.

Giving this a listen and liking what I'm hearing so far.

<3

Just finished my first listen, I really enjoyed it, some beautiful songs. Definitely going to be one to revisit in the future, especially seeing as I only heard of her a few days ago.

By the sounds of it, her last record Hello wasn't very good. Is it still worth checking out anyway, or would I just be wasting my time?

Hello is worth the listen. There are a bunch of really good songs and even the lesser ones are still pleasant, but it just feels like much smaller stakes. The emotional investment of this and twentythree just isn't quite there.

Also, don't miss her Love EP, either. "When It Rains" is prob my favorite song of hers, and "Void", "Evaporated" and "Guest Check" were once regular parts of her setlist, though I imagine they've been bumped as she's released two albums since the last time I saw her.

My god. I haven't listened to any music this year, and most albums I have heard I've been expecting for months. This one came out of nowhere and floored me. Very powerful breakup album. I thought their split was much more mutual, I was WAY off.

I'm so glad (and so unsurprised) you like this. Have you heard her older stuff?

And sweet Jesus, the break-up end of this is a punch in the gut. "I Was Gonna Marry You" =
01:01 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Hello is worth the listen. There are a bunch of really good songs and even the lesser ones are still pleasant, but it just feels like much smaller stakes. The emotional investment of this and twentythree just isn't quite there.

Also, don't miss her Love EP, either. "When It Rains" is prob my favorite song of hers, and "Void", "Evaporated" and "Guest Check" were once regular parts of her setlist, though I imagine they've been bumped as she's released two albums since the last time I saw her.

Oh cool, thanks. Like I've said, I'm literally just getting into her, so I'm sure I'll check out the rest of her discography in time. Need to spend more time with this album and Twentythree as well.
01:04 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Oh cool, thanks. Like I've said, I'm literally just getting into her, so I'm sure I'll check out the rest of her discography in time. Need to spend more time with this album and Twentythree as well.

Understood. I just didn't know if the Love EP was even listed in her discog or readily available or anything. I bought it directly from her 7-ish years ago at a show
01:05 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
Pausing Sam Crain for this. Know it won't disappoint. 30 seconds in, really awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos