Password
Foo Fighters News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Foo Fighters
Inside AP.net

Dave Grohl Posts Facebook Update About Hiatus

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/02/12)
Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters has posted a blog about the band's "hiatus."
From FacebookDave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you... Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready... it's coming.

Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Dave

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
09:24 AM on 10/02/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
So it's just an extended break. I say they'll release new music in late 2014 early 2015.
09:24 AM on 10/02/12
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Aye...mi corazon.
09:27 AM on 10/02/12
kingsleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"The last 18 years have been the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best..." - Dave Grohl
09:30 AM on 10/02/12
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
"The last 18 years have been the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best..." - Dave Grohl
i see what you did there
09:36 AM on 10/02/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
I, for one, am overjoyed that Grohl can now focus on his commitment to The Moopets.
09:42 AM on 10/02/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.

I've loved the Foos since their first album. These type of breaks will happen more often as they get older and want to be with their wives and kids. Perfectly fine. They toured for more than a year and played near 3-hour shows. They deserve a solid 2-3 year hiatus.
09:42 AM on 10/02/12
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
I, for one, am overjoyed that Grohl can now focus on his commitment to The Moopets.
09:48 AM on 10/02/12
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
yeah, new music in 2014/15.

love you Dave.
09:50 AM on 10/02/12
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
There goes my hero...
09:57 AM on 10/02/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
this thread is already amazing.
10:03 AM on 10/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Really wish I would of seen them last year
10:11 AM on 10/02/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I better get to see them one day. This makes me really sad to read. Hoping for a release in the next two years or so.
10:16 AM on 10/02/12
revkev151
User Info.

Hahahahahahaha
10:26 AM on 10/02/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Last year, they were demoing some new tunes with Butch Vig, so at least they will have some backlog for either an intermediate release or for starting a new album when they return. Those guys have been working their asses off since January 2011, so I can imagine this break is welcomed.

Looking forward to seeing them back in a year or so!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums