AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 23 posts.
04:29 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Hey guys! Chris from Texas In July here! The guys should all be joining here shortly! Ask away if you have any questions!
04:32 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Do you remember those kids in Montreal that really didn't look like they belonged but were really into it?

I was one of them. Not even a metalcore fan, but I'll always come see you guys.
Heck yeah! Thank you so much for your support! Means the world!!
04:39 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
suppp guys! when you next planning on coming to london? my band an i played with you last year. dreams do come true haha
We will be back in London on December 6th with Miss May I!
04:43 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Can't wait to see you guys play in Seattle again! Last time was epic!!! And I wanna say I'm really digging the new stuff! Keep it up guys and see you soon!
Cant wait to come back to Seattle! To answer to questions at once, Seattle is probably one of my favorite cities to play!
04:50 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
So, did I hear you guys stay at fans houses? Doesn't that freak you out? When you are up in my next of the woods you can stay here, if you please.
We try to stay at fans houses as much as possible for the sake of money, hotels get really expensive. Most of the time its really chill! We've stayed in a few places that have been a little sketchy, in which case most of sleep in the van hahaha. Its always a fun experience hahaha!
04:54 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
So, what is your FAVORITE thing about touring?! What about most UNFAVORED thing of tour?!
I'd say playing every day, and getting to meet new people. Always so exciting! My least favorite thing is definitely the lack of sleep and showering...but thats the small price you pay to get to live such an amazing life. Really were too blessed and lucky too have much to complain about haha
04:59 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
As a guitarist, just out of curiosity, what are your guys' rig set-ups looking like now?
GEAR! MY favorite thing haha. Im running a Peavey 6505+ head into a Mesa Rectifier cab. I run my Sennheiser G3 wireless into my DBX 266xs rack compressor/gate, then into my pedal board which consists of a Digitech Whammy pedal, Boss TU-3, Boss GE-7 EQ pedal, Ibanez TS-808 and a Boss NS-2! Topped all of with my ESP HRF NT and NT2 guitars!
05:00 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Obviously not a smart question to ask but I'm always so curious, what is the biggest payday a band of your size has seen?
Nothing to write home about just yet, we'll put it that way ;) hahaha
05:02 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
who are some of your biggest influences as musicians?
My biggest influence of all time is Metallica, which I tend to get a lot of crap for. But if it werent for that band, I probably would have never picked up a guitar or drum sticks when I played drums. From there bands like Slipknot, Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying played HUGE roles in my life as far as inspiring my writing and musical tastes!
05:05 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Another question - I have seen you guys 5 times and you haven't played Show Some Pride once! What the heck?! Has this song been banished from the set list forever? :(
HAHAHAHAHA I never even learned this song when I joined the band. There have been talks of bringing it back one day for fun. Maybe on the next headlining run? We'll see what happens!
05:06 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Who was your guys favorite band? What band made you want to be in a band?
Kind of just answered this one, but definitely Metallica. But the first band I saw live that really confirmed my desire to be in a band was As I Lay Dying!
05:11 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Hey Guys! Love all of your stuff! I am from the Philly area and I go to ABRs christmas show at the chameleon club every year. Best show I have ever seen was ABR, TIJ, and this or the apocolypse. Will you play at the christmas show again?! if not, when at the chameleon?
Heck yeah! We wont be playing the ABR christmas show this year. Nothing confirmed as of yet, but theres talk of having our own christmas show at The Champ in Lemoyne! If it happens it should be a good time!
05:12 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
So, what do you guys do with fans that go all "goo-goo" about you guys? Like because they think you have magiacal powers because you are in a band. I think it is silly for people to do that. I mean really?!
Hahaha I mean its falttering, but I do like to remind people that we are just normal dudes just like everyone else! We just busted our butts and got very lucky!
05:15 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
It seems like you guys have been touring nonstop this year, which is great cuz it's given me several opportunities to see you guys :) I can't imagine how exhausted you guys must be. Do you have any plans yet for next year?
We definitely have been on the road pretty much non stop! Especially since we finished up in the studio! And its definitely been tiring, but so rewarding and fun! There are somethings in the works for 2013 already that are SUPER exciting! Unfortunately we cant talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out! Hopefully you guys are just as stoked as we are!
05:19 PM on 10/02/12
Chris_TIJ
User Info.
Have you guys had any "wow, we've made it" type moments? I mean, obviously you aren't huge rockstars making a lot of money, but you are professional musicians in a successful touring band. I always thought that being in a band and seeing your name on a venue marquee, especially at a hometown show, would be a really cool feeling. Have you had any of those moments?
Maybe not so much the "We've made it" feeling...but definitely the wow I cant believe how lucky and blessed we've been! I never would have guessed when I started playing in bands at the age of 11 that I would have played even outside of my home state of Maryland. Now ive played almost all 50 states, and good majority of the world, with plans to play more new places over the next year. Its definitely a very crazy feeling to sit back and look at the things we've done and where we started. Something I like to do regularly, because I dont ever want to loose sight of anything or take anything for granted. So blessed!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS