Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
06:56 AM on 10/03/12
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Is it just me, or is this song horribly Auto-Tuned?
definitely a good song. I enjoy both songs I have heard. It doesn't grip me the same way TMID and HTSAF did initially but that was a long time ago and I'm a different person. I am still really looking forward to the album though!

Totally agree about the production though. I actually think the songs would sound a little better if they were just a tad less polished. That being said, I still like the old-school strain in Chris' voice on this song; really brings me back. The bridge through the end on Rescue Trained is very reminiscent of what I originally loved about them.
03:13 PM on 10/03/12
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Don't get me wrong, I really like both the songs I have heard so far (So Cold finally grew on me and this one I really liked on the very first listen) but I do agree that the vocals seem a little pitch-corrected at times when it doesn't really need it. Chris is a great vocalist and any small "imperfections" are what makes some albums like TMID so great and so raw. Doesn't really take an audio engineer to notice. If you've recorded ever (especially in some top-notch studios like I have) you can pick out the difference in the tone when something has been manipulated some.

Now it's still possible I'm wrong but it definitely sounds somewhat overly pitch-corrected in a few spots.

Either way I'm still very much looking forward to the album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos