AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Further Seems Forever News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 84.
10:56 AM on 10/03/12
5fikev
User Info.
Haven't heard this song yet but I definitley hear this in the chorus of So Cold. The way the vocals on that song are produced make it borderline unlistenable.

No borderline about it. I would rather him be a few cents off than have to listen to that crap. It's really sad too because I was really looking forward to this album and I think the songs sound good otherwise.
11:00 AM on 10/03/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
lol at everyone saying they aren't digging the production/quality of a stream that is streaming at 128 kbps. Of course its going to sound like shit
11:03 AM on 10/03/12
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
It's purposely auto tuned for a specific sound, not because he needs auto tune. Why can't people understand that. They obviously had a certain vision for it on the verses.

It sounds horrendous.

I don't think it is "auto-tune".. do you idiots even know what auto tune means, yes the notes are probably Manually tuned but to suggest he sang and then let the computer match the pitches perfectly is insane, no self respecting band would ever do that. There is a distinct vocal effect used throughout the record to create the sound they wanted for this band. you can strongly hear this effect at the end of the song when Chris' voice is by itself. Sorry friends but if you think a band like this is using auto tune then you do not know what auto tune means.

Call it 'Auto-Tune', or whatever you want, but pitch correction is rife within the industry.
11:04 AM on 10/03/12
5fikev
User Info.
I don't think it is "auto-tune".. do you idiots even know what auto tune means, yes the notes are probably Manually tuned but to suggest he sang and then let the computer match the pitches perfectly is insane, no self respecting band would ever do that. There is a distinct vocal effect used throughout the record to create the sound they wanted for this band. you can strongly hear this effect at the end of the song when Chris' voice is by itself. Sorry friends but if you think a band like this is using auto tune then you do not know what auto tune means.

They definitely used antares auto-tune or some other tuning software in the song but yes they probably used it in manual mode if you want to get specific. Whether they did it for effect or not, either way it's a horrible fit for a band with a singer like chris. Why would any self respecting rock band want to go with that sound unless they were strapped for cash and didn't have the money to keep singing the parts until they got what they wanted. I would expect it from ke$ha but not FSF
11:18 AM on 10/03/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
wanted to hear it but the quality is so bad, i can wait until the release date.
11:37 AM on 10/03/12
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
Almost EVERY band uses some form of auto-tune while mixing and mastering. Some notes are too flat or too sharp. Some harmonies don't completely line up. Sometimes he or she just can't project what they're trying to sing. Everyone uses auto-tune. Just saying.
11:43 AM on 10/03/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Holding off until I can get the album in my hands.
11:52 AM on 10/03/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Look at all the audio engineers in here.
11:55 AM on 10/03/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Love it, is it November 3rd yet?

EDIT: to see them live, not for the album.

I'll be there! Exactly one month left to wait!!
12:09 PM on 10/03/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Guys there's no way that auto tune wasn't on purpose. I could do more realistic pitch correction than that in my small home studio set-up. Probably the sound/effect they were going for. And yeah the quality was a lot better in the album teaser.
12:09 PM on 10/03/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not all autotune sounds exactly like T-Pain there, hoss. There's a blend of auto-tune and pitch modulation. It's completely apparent.

Regardless, another killer track. Can't wait for the album.
12:39 PM on 10/03/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
I guess I just don't hear the auto-tune. oh well
I don't either, but I am incredibly bad at noticing it. Prime example - I've never heard any on TAYF.

Also, I kind of wish they would stop releasing songs before the album. I want most of the album to be fresh, but I have NO willpower to not listen to any leaked song.
12:45 PM on 10/03/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
this album sounds like the album that should have come out after the moon is down. I'm not mad about it one bit
01:17 PM on 10/03/12
wtomtsmatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I Love everything I've heard so far. Still can't believe this album actually happened.
01:56 PM on 10/03/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
I don't think there is an autotune issue, I think there is a bitrate issue that does odd things with Chris' voice.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums