Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:02 AM on 10/14/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
I've noticed you use 'quite' and 'rather' a lot throughout all of your reviews. The review is redundant, should have been much shorter.

Also,
Quote:
Immediately, vocalist Taylor Eby starts singing with his rather distinct voice. The problem I have with this band is his voice, to be honest; it’s nothing special, and it kind of just blends into the many different pop-punk vocalists out there.
Contradiction dude.

Agree completely though. Thanks for all the reviews you've been posting.
01:35 PM on 10/19/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Thanks, man. Definitely glad you dig the reviews.

I wouldn't say that's a contradiction, though; his voice is a bit unique, but it doesn't stick out as much as Soupy, or Jeff from I Call Fives. Ultimately, it just falls to the wayside, if you take into account everything else.
Well I guess it goes back to that "rather", it would look a lot less contradictory if you said something like "somewhat distinct" and actually talk about Soupy's voice in comparison to his. Being specific helps instead of just saying "blends in with vocalists".
07:14 AM on 10/20/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Oh, I totally understand. I wasn't trying to sound rude, or anything. I use those two words a lot, and they always just show up in my writing, too. I'll edit the comparison to Soupy in, so it doesn't sound so general.

Yeah no worries, you didn't come off as rude at all. I think everyone has that problem of repeating words all the time when they're talking/writing. Look for alternatives, it'll sound a whole lot better.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums