AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
12:36 AM on 10/11/12
justbradley
User Info.
Really like the sound of this. Must check it out.
I really enjoyed this EP, and I definitely would recommend it. My favorite track on the EP was "Lying About My Age." That's the song I would definitely check out.
12:38 AM on 10/11/12
justbradley
User Info.
This review was odd and poorly written. I could not take it seriously. It baffles me what people are missing when it comes to The Motel Life. Maybe you need to experience every release they've had but I truly think this group is the biggest gem in the unsigned world. Great group of guys, phenomenal live show.. Overall incredible band that people should pay more attention to.
I hate to sound rude, but just because you didn't agree with what I said does not mean my review is terrible? In my personal opinion, I don't think is the best band I've ever heard (while I did highly enjoy it), and I'm sorry my review did not meet your expectations. But while I didn't give this EP a 100% rating doesn't mean my review was terrible and "poorly written." Come on.
04:50 PM on 10/21/12
justbradley
User Info.
I was not saying the review was poorly written based on your opinion on the EP, it was just hard to follow for me and very repetitive at times. Poor choice of words on my part as I was not trying to be rude. I also wasn't singling you out when I was referring to people not seeing the greatness with this band.. Your critique of the EP is your opinion, totally! I just have a different opinion when it comes to things like saying the lyrics aren't strong, basically calling the band mediocre, etc. I get you were saying the group is overall good and not terrible, which is awesome. I just think if more people took the time to listen to all the work put out by the band they'd be surprised with the quality. If you liked Those Bruises check out the first two records for sure.
Oh, I'm totally sorry for coming off as rude; I thought you just didn't like the review, because I didn't like the EP as much. I don't like it when people do that, and I see it all too often, so I didn't want that to be the case. I know this review was rather repetitive, but I didn't have too much to say about it, but I didn't want it to be really short, either. It's not that I didn't like this EP, or even think they're terrible, I think they could be really, really awesome, but I thought the lyrics were rather weak at times (mainly a few tracks), but VERY strong in others. I really want to listen to more stuff by this band, because I did like what I heard. I wasn't trying to say that people SHOULDN'T listen to them, because I did give it all 8s. I don't typically give something the same rating, but I thought it was quite suitable for this one.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests