Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Young Guns Track-by-Track

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (10/04/12)
In recent album Bones, Young Guns have produced one of the best all-out rock records you'll hear all year. Scroll down to see the band's track by track guide to the album and be sure to check out Gregory's review of the record and our interview with the band, too.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
03:10 AM on 10/04/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

06:52 AM on 10/04/12
Kyle Thrash
https://twitter.com/thrash_itup
User Info.
Awesome dudes, Sayerville show was wild, hoping for big things for these guys
10:40 AM on 10/04/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Good album--I got a strong Lostprophets vibe from it.
11:57 AM on 10/04/12
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Would like to hear that full song version of 'A Hymn For All I've Lost'.
12:25 PM on 10/04/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
samesies, that was my biggest disappointment after hearing the early teaser before Bones came out
02:48 PM on 10/04/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

This so much. I recently got into this band but I loved the song The Weight of the world in their debut. I got Bones but was disappointed that the majority of it sounds a little too close to bands like Shinedown or breaking Benjamin. That song though is superb and j really wish it was longer.
03:01 PM on 10/04/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
As I said in the review of this band really lost momentum here in the UK after this album. Very rarely I ever hear anyone talk about them and its a shame I remember the release of the first album they got quite a lot of big gigs and one that springs to mind was being the band on before All Time Low.
03:19 PM on 10/04/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
new all time low is better
03:30 PM on 10/04/12
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
As I said in the review of this band really lost momentum here in the UK after this album. Very rarely I ever hear anyone talk about them and its a shame I remember the release of the first album they got quite a lot of big gigs and one that springs to mind was being the band on before All Time Low.
Not really sure what you mean.

They're playing main stages at fesitvals, supported Seether across the US last month and now they're headlining the Vans Off The Wall tour across the UK and Europe for the next 2 months too.

Their album charted higher than their debut, their single 'Bones' charted higher than any of their previous ones (2 in the UK Rock Chart). They've had more sales and definitely more TV plays. Don't even think their first album was released in the US.

Band has grown. Definitely not lost momentum.
04:03 PM on 10/04/12
VeryWittyName
User Info.
I loved the album. I agree to a degree that the hype around them has slightly faded, but I have little doubt that their biggest days are ahead of them. I'd say Deaf Havana were in the same position before they put out their album last year.
09:21 PM on 10/04/12
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
This so much. I recently got into this band but I loved the song The Weight of the world in their debut. I got Bones but was disappointed that the majority of it sounds a little too close to bands like Shinedown or breaking Benjamin. That song though is superb and j really wish it was longer.

Was really psyched by the RIYL in the AP review, only to find that this was much more Shinedown, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, and even (gasp!) Nickelback at times than Lostprophets, Anberlin, or Enter Shikari. I found it incredibly bland given the amount of praise it got.
01:04 AM on 10/05/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

They're headlining the Vans tour next week which is full of huge venues. Wouldn't be surprised to see another big buzz around them later this year.

Was really psyched by the RIYL in the AP review, only to find that this was much more Shinedown, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, and even (gasp!) Nickelback at times than Lostprophets, Anberlin, or Enter Shikari. I found it incredibly bland given the amount of praise it got.

If you're after more Lostprophets-y stuff I'd recommend you check out their first releases Mirrors and All Our Kings Are Dead. Great records.
07:19 AM on 10/05/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
You Are Not & Brother In Arms is the one-two punch of the year.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests