Username
Password
General Announcement News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 58 of 58.
06:07 AM on 10/05/12
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Let's not fight about this, love. It'll get real mean, real fast.
Haha okay, got it. Just gotta accept these parts of you I guess

Completely unrelated, but, I know you don't do leaks, but when it's officially released (Oct. 22), you should check out the new Titus Andronicus record. I know you didn't dig the last two, but this one's at least a little different so I think there's at least a small chance it might be up your alley and whatnot. Jussayin.
06:35 AM on 10/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Haha okay, got it. Just gotta accept these parts of you I guess

Completely unrelated, but, I know you don't do leaks, but when it's officially released (Oct. 22), you should check out the new Titus Andronicus record. I know you didn't dig the last two, but this one's at least a little different so I think there's at least a small chance it might be up your alley and whatnot. Jussayin.
Hah. I will probably listen.

And even if you don't like Heart, just as pioneers, they belong. A band driven by two women playing Zep-derived hard rock in the mid-70s? Nobody was doing that. And certainly weren't doing it as well as the Wilson sisters.
06:45 AM on 10/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Hah. I will probably listen.

And even if you don't like Heart, just as pioneers, they belong. A band driven by two women playing Zep-derived hard rock in the mid-70s? Nobody was doing that. And certainly weren't doing it as well as the Wilson sisters.
Well I have a rather large dislike for a lot of Zep-derived hard rock of any breed, it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that they're women. I would consider them somewhat of a curiosity, and certainly an important step forward in terms of rock 'n roll not just being a "boy's club" anymore. However, I'm not sure that that is enough (in my own perhaps inaccurate opinion) to merit enshrinement.
07:12 AM on 10/05/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I hadn't. But I have now, and I dig it.
That is shocking to hear, but now your ears are blessed.
07:50 AM on 10/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Well I have a rather large dislike for a lot of Zep-derived hard rock of any breed, it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that they're women. I would consider them somewhat of a curiosity, and certainly an important step forward in terms of rock 'n roll not just being a "boy's club" anymore. However, I'm not sure that that is enough (in my own perhaps inaccurate opinion) to merit enshrinement.
There's really a lot more to Heart than the singles. Dog and Butterfly is of of my favorite albums of the 70s and they had a really well-developed folk side. The toughest part for selling Heart is consistency. They had some amazing albums, and some hit-or-miss ones, and they never stayed in one style for very long, so they're kind of hard to pin down. But I'm a very big fan.
07:56 AM on 10/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
There's really a lot more to Heart than the singles. Dog and Butterfly is of of my favorite albums of the 70s and they had a really well-developed folk side. The toughest part for selling Heart is consistency. They had some amazing albums, and some hit-or-miss ones, and they never stayed in one style for very long, so they're kind of hard to pin down. But I'm a very big fan.
Dammit Chris, I swear if you convince me to go listen to fucking Heart...
08:11 AM on 10/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Dammit Chris, I swear if you convince me to go listen to fucking Heart...
I find it odd that you'd have such a strong resistance to them if you haven't really listened...

But I'm not trying to force anything on anyone, man. If my saying Dog and Butterfly is a favorite piques your interest/carries any clout, great. If not, do you.
08:19 AM on 10/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
I find it odd that you'd have such a strong resistance to them if you haven't really listened...

But I'm not trying to force anything on anyone, man. If my saying Dog and Butterfly is a favorite piques your interest/carries any clout, great. If not, do you.
I gave their self-titled record a chance about two years ago and did not care for it, but my tastes admittedly have developed a lot since then, and a bit of research is telling me that Dog and Butterfly is a significantly different record. Forgive me, unjustifiably strong opinions not based in any sort of fact are a speciality of mine. I'll give Dog and Butterfly a chance this weekend.
09:08 AM on 10/05/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
They'll probably get in. But they don't stand a chance of making the fan top 5 thing.

I hope so. I always feel so bad for them
11:35 AM on 10/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
I gave their self-titled record a chance about two years ago and did not care for it, but my tastes admittedly have developed a lot since then, and a bit of research is telling me that Dog and Butterfly is a significantly different record. Forgive me, unjustifiably strong opinions not based in any sort of fact are a speciality of mine. I'll give Dog and Butterfly a chance this weekend.
Haha. Yeah the four albums from Heart through Desire Walks On are a completely different style. They were at the end of the line, so they reinvented themselves as pretty excellent 80's arena pop-rock. Which, while I love it, is decidedly not everyone's speed. But their older stuff bears little to no resemblance.

And no worries. I've had to work really hard to not express opinions on things I haven't properly heard. The sheer amount of words I've eaten just in the last 3-4 years is astounding. Haha.
11:43 AM on 10/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Haha. Yeah the four albums from Heart through Desire Walks On are a completely different style. They were at the end of the line, so they reinvented themselves as pretty excellent 80's arena pop-rock. Which, while I love it, is decidedly not everyone's speed. But their older stuff bears little to no resemblance.

And no worries. I've had to work really hard to not express opinions on things I haven't properly heard. The sheer amount of words I've eaten just in the last 3-4 years is astounding. Haha.
See....I've always thought of Heart as a female hair metal band, but now I'm learning they were something else first.

Well you're in good company here haha
11:49 AM on 10/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
See....I've always thought of Heart as a female hair metal band, but now I'm learning they were something else first.

Well you're in good company here haha
Yeah. Understandable, I guess, if you'd just heard their s/t. Which is not to pretend I don't also love that record. It's just not all there is to them.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS