AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
04:32 PM on 10/04/12
anamericangod
User Info.
My vinyl is not at my doorstep because RJ Crowder-Schaefer is a fucking criminal.

Still can't believe nothing ever happened with this.
Interesting read! Also, nice to know that anamericangod actually exists in the real world. I always assumed that it was a robot who controlled his AP account and who handled all record releases.

The robot would have given himself a red name by now.
04:36 PM on 10/04/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Even now the robot starts to think...
Well played.

Good article.
07:30 PM on 10/04/12
anamericangod
User Info.
a sure fire way to avoid delays is to not do pre-orders. just wait till the records are in hand before selling them. if a label does not have the money to release a record and they need the money from pre-orders to get the release going they should not release it, plain and simple. the biggest culprits with delays are all these new jack "labels" starting up that solely license out albums to press because it's one they loved in high school and they think it's cool to run label.
So you're saying that they shouldn't take any risk and just not bother trying to put out an album that hundreds of people might want because it could possibly take longer than expected?
07:45 PM on 10/04/12
anamericangod
User Info.
while i dont necessarily agree with the other commenters statement, it would be prudent to wait until a substantially shorter amount of time when you have a more concrete date from wherever you happen to be getting the vinyl pressed to start doing preorders.
I don't disagree with that. The other statement, however, is a bit idealistic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos