Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
07:08 PM on 10/04/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not all of it can be blamed on the companies pressing the vinyl. sometimes its poor management/planning, like P+P.
07:34 PM on 10/04/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So you're saying that they shouldn't take any risk and just not bother trying to put out an album that hundreds of people might want because it could possibly take longer than expected?
while i dont necessarily agree with the other commenters statement, it would be prudent to wait until a substantially shorter amount of time when you have a more concrete date from wherever you happen to be getting the vinyl pressed to start doing preorders.
02:35 PM on 10/05/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
would love to hear more about this. when a pressing plant takes 8-12 weeks to press a record (that is how long the delays have been this year, like Jenna said in her quote in the article), it's pretty hard to get the record in time for your street date. we could always just say "ship date TBA" in the product description, right? that way we're off the hook and no one will ever complain? wrong, people will always complain. a lot of times these things are out of the label's control. currently our flatfoot 56 records are sitting in the headquarters of a freight truck company and they left the plant over 3 weeks ago. they should have absolutely been here 2 weeks ago. they were finished being pressed 4 weeks after the target date. label owners can't control that.
i know. and im not specifically talking about that. and i dont want you to think im a dick or feel like im trashing your place of employment because i love a lot of bands and releases on P+P. it is legitimately one of the best labels of the last few years. but im very good friends with a few bands on the label and friends with some others who have had one off releases. without throwing anyone under the bus, i would just like to state that in my opinion, vinnie is just stretched too thin. with more than two dozen active bands on a thriving label, managing ltj, and becoming a new father, from what ive seen and heard, some things just dont get the attention they deserve (because of more important priorities). one album came out a year ago and never materialized on wax (with no plans to currently). some others have had to wait for months, others weeks. again, not trashing you, P+P, or vinnie, just stating my observations.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests