Username
Password
Cartel News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Cartel
Inside AP.net

Cartel Talks About New Album

Posted by: Christian Wagner (10/04/12)
On a recent episode of The Gunz Show, Will Pugh revealed some details regarding Cartel’s next album. The band has plans to finish recording by the end of November and will have the album mixed by Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount. Listen to the interview here.
In This InterviewIt’s not done – we still have to do vocals. We did all the music, but there’s still vocals… we expect to try to have the record, at least on our end, completed by the end of November. We actually just came to the decision yesterday that Zack and Kenny are mixing the record.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
03:22 PM on 10/04/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Can't wait for this to come out. Sounds like it'll be so good.
03:42 PM on 10/04/12
Say Hello 87
User Info.
They always record so quickly love it.
03:44 PM on 10/04/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
had a blast with this interview. will added some interesting stories. definitely tune in if you can.

- Gunz
03:50 PM on 10/04/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I loved that last ep that came out, was just talking about how Good Cartel was last night actually. Awesome news.
04:02 PM on 10/04/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
fuck yeah so stoked for this
04:17 PM on 10/04/12
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
I have such an attachment to Self-titled, so I'm hoping a few influences from that record find its way into this upcoming full-length in some capacity. That being said, although it contradicts what I just wrote somewhat, I hope they also continue to naturally progress.
05:48 PM on 10/04/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Its crazy to think how big this band has fallen. After Chroma they were suppose to be what All Time Low is today, probably even bigger as they are much less juvenille and Will is a way better lyricist and singer imo. Just shows how an awful second record can kill a bands momentum. Its unfortunate as I still think Chroma is the best pop rock record I've ever heard.

Excited for new material none the less
05:50 PM on 10/04/12
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
cartel 4 life
05:53 PM on 10/04/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
I've never hated an album they've released. Very, very excited for this.
06:37 PM on 10/04/12
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
Looking forward to it, these guys can do no wrong.
06:42 PM on 10/04/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I've seen them 2-3 times since they've starting putting out music again but I think I'm finally over these guys.
08:23 PM on 10/04/12
spunkmastaflex
silkysmoooth
User Info.
I only have one question for them... will their new record's title be one word that starts with the letter C?
08:58 PM on 10/04/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Its crazy to think how big this band has fallen. After Chroma they were suppose to be what All Time Low is today, probably even bigger as they are much less juvenille and Will is a way better lyricist and singer imo. Just shows how an awful second record can kill a bands momentum. Its unfortunate as I still think Chroma is the best pop rock record I've ever heard.

Excited for new material none the less
Different and Awful and not synonymous. It was different but honestly its lyrics and overall sound was better than Chroma. Chroma was just catchier. I honestly like Chroma more than their self-title but I would never deny their self title to be the Superior record in overall musicianship and maturity. Despite that I do think the Q/A off Chroma was the high closest thing of the same level of their self title. Both are awesome albums. Cycles was alright but their EP had potential as it bridged Chroma and their self title in the best ways. Seriously give their self title again. It may not be the All Time Low alternative or the Chroma 2 people expected but it is a very well done pop rock album that deserves praise.
09:01 PM on 10/04/12
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
so i guess i should expect the record to sound flat. i hope i'm proven wrong! looking forward to hearing some new songs from cartel, and hoping it's as consistent as chroma was. nothing else they have done since chroma has been as good all the way through, though cycles does have some excellent songs on it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums