The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I want it right now.
03:19 AM on 10/06/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
It's not getting released until next year though, is it? :/

probable, i think it'll be released in march so they can finish (mix/master/all that other shit) it before january. anyway i just hope it'll sound different to Invented, not that i didn't like it but it lacked the "wow" factor...
03:38 AM on 10/06/12
tonnerrrrr
User Info.
ahhh yess. i hope it's better than invented..didn't like that album at all
05:12 AM on 10/06/12
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
Fuck yeah, one of the best bands in the world.
06:10 AM on 10/06/12
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
More Futures, less Invented.
06:13 AM on 10/06/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Considering the amount of obscure instruments they used on this record (sitar, marxophone, timpani, some 8 stringed guitar made out of a cigar box, etc) I'm really looking forward to seeing what direction they went in with this.
06:14 AM on 10/06/12
introduction
You're not real musician!
User Info.
Liked Invented a lot, thought it was better than Chase This Light on the whole but the highs were higher on Chase This Light if that makes sense. Nothing really stood out on Invented for me. I have high hopes for this one, I'm really curious as to what direction they're headed in now.
07:52 AM on 10/06/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Liked Invented a lot, thought it was better than Chase This Light on the whole but the highs were higher on Chase This Light if that makes sense. Nothing really stood out on Invented for me. I have high hopes for this one, I'm really curious as to what direction they're headed in now.
i pretty much agree with everything you said here. and i too am interested in the direction they'll b e taking this one. i'm a little nervoussssss.
07:59 AM on 10/06/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
loved the last album, fit in perfectly with the season. these guys do a perfect job of changing their sound just enough to keep it interesting
08:31 AM on 10/06/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
10:09 AM on 10/06/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Will not be hard to top Invented, awful record..
11:29 AM on 10/06/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
GIMME MOAR JIMMY
12:17 PM on 10/06/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Boner
12:55 PM on 10/06/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Surprised for the lack of love for Invented. The album was sorta a return to form by melding Clarity and Futures elements together into a moody and tranquil album that was the perfect setting to fall. I liked it better than Chase The Light in the long run and I could sing along to chase the light all day. Invented is an album that feels so complete as a whole. I know they will be able to top it and I get everyone has attachments to a different album by them but I thought Invented came out at the right time and really sucks you in.

Overall though I admit not a lot of songs off it jump out at you at first hand but "Little Thing", "Cut", and the 2 song ending Invented/Mixtape contain some of the best melodies Jimmy Eat World has done in years. I do think it would be nice to see them amp up the energy on the next one but a lot of Futures and most of Clarity (the 2 albums that get the most love on this site) where slow and melodic.
01:27 PM on 10/06/12
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
I hope this album gets me excited again about the band. Although after albums like Static Prevails, Bleed American, Futures and Chase This Light (a great pop album), I have nothing more to ask to this band. So many great songs to sing along to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos