Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21
04:43 PM on 10/10/12
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
I should have been clearer but did not want to be long winded. I wasn't trying to imply you had ripped off the Pitchfork review, moreso that it was a real coincidence. And I didn't feel as though you were commenting on something "completely different", since the P4k review used the lyrics to say if they had come from someone else they would not have the same impact, which is how I read your words as well. Sorry if it came across like an accusation.
I have listened to almost the whole record. I'm not a massive fan of Mountain Goats but I'm a sucker for great lyricists. I think it's the Mountain Goats' best (that I've heard) apart from The Life of the World to Come which, like much religious lyricism -- Separation Sunday is one of my favourite albums ever -- really piqued my interests, despite me being an atheist. The s/t track stood out for me, but I enjoyed every son I've heard. All via Youtube at this point, a few views each.

two awesome records, i get what you mean about religious lyrics despite not really aligning with Faith. the Mountain Goats, the Hold Steady and mewithoutYou are pretty much my three favorite bands.

have you tried Get Lonely?
07:34 PM on 10/10/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
two awesome records, i get what you mean about religious lyrics despite not really aligning with Faith. the Mountain Goats, the Hold Steady and mewithoutYou are pretty much my three favorite bands.

have you tried Get Lonely?
I've only ever heard Woke Up New, but will make time to give it a listen. Thanks for the rec! Is Separation Sunday your favourite THS record?
10:15 PM on 10/10/12
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
I've only ever heard Woke Up New, but will make time to give it a listen. Thanks for the rec! Is Separation Sunday your favourite THS record?
Get Lonely is probably the saddest record i've ever listened to. i try to recommend it whenever i can.

i'd probably say that Separation Sunday and Boys and Girls go back in forth. i don't dislike any of them. Fiestas and Fiascos is my favorite thing Craig Finn has done, if you haven't checked it out before.
03:15 PM on 10/11/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Get Lonely is probably the saddest record i've ever listened to. i try to recommend it whenever i can.

i'd probably say that Separation Sunday and Boys and Girls go back in forth. i don't dislike any of them. Fiestas and Fiascos is my favorite thing Craig Finn has done, if you haven't checked it out before.
I've heard a few tracks but will have to pick it up from the internet, I've never seen any Lifter Puller in stores. With THS I don't mind Almost Killed Me or Stay Positive, or even Heaven is Whenever. But Separation Sunday is my favourite, and Boys and Girls is the one I'd play for friends, if only so I didn't have to explain the "whoever's gonna get me the highest" story.
06:14 PM on 10/13/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Just saying, both of those lyrics stuck out to me when I first listened to this album (before reading any reviews of it at all)
12:06 PM on 10/18/12
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
User Info.
Great review, man. 10 for lyrics is well deserved. This record is too relevant to my life, I get scared that I'm on a reality show where everyone watches me

Definitely picking this one up, great review

Kelly, i'm glad we are friends. great review, even better album. definitely top 2 of the year for me.

I like your review Kelly! I'm a long-time fan of The Mountain Goats and an English teacher, and I appreciate your style and care for the material. There's no "but," I greatly enjoyed this review. Phuck the h8ers! Keep writing!

Thanks very much guys! It's appreciated!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos