Username
Password

12:45 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I have a very addictive personality. I would say I'm addicted to being fucked up. I always have to be in an altered state of mind.

I wish I could say I'm in recovery but sadly, I can't imagine that day being any time soon.

Two of my biggest addictions are coke and alcohol. I don't think I would consider smoking weed an addiction because it's not an addictive drug but I like being high all the time. Mass amounts of caffeine get me through work/school until I can go home and indulge. I can't remember the last time I was sober.
07:11 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
You should give being sober a shot so you can remember the last time you were. Comments like that are a pretty obvious sign that something's up.

I tried once when I first noticed a problem. I figured since I caught it early I could change but I couldn't and here I am years later and its worse. It's weird, I know I have a problem but I can't take the first step to change it.
10:40 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
This. But for me it's not that I can't take the first step, it's that I don't want to. Scares me.

I think that's most of my problem too. And its not like I would have support from my friends because I'm sure we all have the problem
12:43 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
Yeah I remember having that same problem years ago. Now I rarely see my old friends and the drinking just didn't stop because I went to college and that's what kids do at college. I'm just waiting for the time when I honest to god want to stop because I feel like trying to stop drinking when I want to drink is a bit counter productive.

I feel like if drinking was my only problem, I might be able to stop but I think I would just replace it with one of my other addictions
06:14 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
He's kinda right. When you're looking for comfort you're going to grab something unhealthy versus healthy because you're addicted to the additives in unhealthy food.
09:54 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I'm not saying you're wrong. What he said makes sense. Whether you're addicted to healthy or unhealthy foods, its still an addiction. It just seems worse when its to unhealthy foods. And people are gonna lean more towards the unhealthy foods when seeking comfort

EDIT: also, I'm sure, just like any addictions, its more complex than what meets the eye. What he's saying could just be another component to this addiction, whether you realize it or not. It doesn't mean you're wrong or he's wrong, its just another way of looking at it.
10:07 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
where are you getting your sketchy ass weed bro?

This was my next concern...
10:10 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
like maybe if i was still getting dimes from the heroin dealers on Ave D in rochester....

Hahah, possibly. But even then I'm sure its untouched
10:15 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
yes if i recall all turned out well...besides the teenage girls driving through the worst ghetto lolol how am i not dead

I used to buy from the sketchiest people, I feel ya there. Haha
12:00 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I only disagreed because while yes, I love unhealthy food and love to eat it which I am sure has something to do with additives, I also eat a ton of healthy food too. It is more the act of eating that is comforting, if that makes sense. I've given in to cravings and eaten a ton of healthy food because I just needed to eat something. Wanting to eat the bad food so much is more like a punishment because I know it is bad and awful for me, so it depends on the situation on what kind of food I go for. I think the additives is a very insignificant factor. Still a factor, of course, but even if I only had a pantry full of amazing and organic healthy foods, I would still go crazy if I was feeling down.

I get that too. But like I said in my post after this one, addiction has so many more components than what we see and is a lot more complex. All addictions are different and effect everyone in different ways. While it may not be part of your addiction, it could very well be part of someone else's

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos