Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
09:51 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
song fucking rules. the bass drops in the chorus were not nearly as obnoxious as I thought it would have been... first chorus reminds me of haunted a little bit. catchy as fuck [2]

maybe there's hope for this album after all.
09:57 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Great track, it's clearly Taylor but branches out beyond her typical pop-country comfort zone.
It's funny because she insists and tells everybody that she's country-pop...

but she has barely ever had any country in her music. Mostly in her first album but even then, much much more pop than country.
10:46 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
10:51 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Oh god, this piece of trash... let's just pretend it doesn't exist.
What are you talking about? It's an awesome song. blah blah paramore blah blah disrespectful
11:05 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Awful, disgusting song. Bitter her boyfriend dumped her so she's calling the other girl a slut. Immature, condescending, and bitter. Just the same reason Paramore's Misery Business is awful. Pick on the guy who dumped/rejected you, but leave the other girl out of it imo. Same reason I don't like You Belong With Me (picking on the girl who has done nothing to her instead of disliking the guy for passing her up). Nobody can "steal" your boyfriend. idk idk I clearly have a lot of feelings, but I am not here for songs like that. I think it reinforces some unhealthy lines of thinking.

I do like some of her other songs, but when it comes to that one it pushes a button haha
yeah I get that but to be honest, that was the song that very much surprised me. I did not expect that from taylor swift and it is because of that song that I decided to listen to her other songs and figured out that I actually do like her music (mostly speak now only, not so much the others).

I can acknowledge that her lyrics/subject matter aren't the best but she is extremely catchy and crafts some of the best and most memorable pop melodies I've heard.
11:23 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Oh yeah, I would never deny her talent for songwriting. I don't even just pick on her with that - I have a problem when anyone releases a song like that. I get being upset at the girl, but that was just so harsh omg. Like, I don't mind when she slams her exes in songs, but slamming the girl isn't necessary. Be angry and bitter towards her in private or to friends, but to me once you start putting that stuff out, and other young girls adopt it as a sort of "breakup anthem" I worry it perpetuates this notion of focusing blame on the woman and not the man (obviously Taylor blames the man constantly so I'm not saying she never does). I just thought it irresponsible since I know a lot of young girls who think the song is so clever and hilarious when it is just mean and immature.

/sorry. I have a lot of feelings about those types of breakup songs, when anyone does them.
Funny because just in class a few days/weeks ago. A few of my friends (that are girls) exactly exclaimed "Uh, how come when a guy goes out with a girl and then the guy dumps the girl for another girl, why is it that it's the two girls that are the ones fighting? For almost every possible case, the guy is at equal fault here." A notion I'd definitely contest to.

However, one thing I've come to understand about Taylor Swift (at least on Speak Now) is that most of these songs do not directly embody her persona and/or experiences (at least not the persona she often conveys/wants us to see). Rather, they are ruminations of how she or a part of herself would handle various premises. For example, I would certainly hope that Taylor did not crash a wedding and convince a man to leave her fiance. But in Speak Now and in her other songs, the premise is there to magnify just how much she feels for this guy.

Somewhat similar to Better Than Revenge is her single Mean. She likely never said things like that to her bullies and the things mentioned in the song may have very well have never happened to her. However, she has very anti-bully notions and used the premise and summoned her smug/self-righteous persona to write that song "why ya gotta be so mean." This style is especially obvious in Never Grow Up because, well, she's not a mother...

On many points I'd agree on you but to be honest, if something similar happened to me, I'd imagine that I would be blaming the other guy for the most part.
Quote:
(obviously Taylor blames the man constantly so I'm not saying she never does)
This made me laugh pretty hard.
12:19 PM on 10/09/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
still fucking rules. no moar we are never ever ever plz
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives