Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
09:29 AM on 10/09/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Absolutely loved this album after only hearing half of Aeolus I knew this was going to be a winner. Every listen digs me deeper into this wonderful land they have created. This is shear brilliance and a breath of fresh air which IMO is extremely difficult with all the music there is anymore. I'd be more thank surprised if any album could knock this from my #1 position. I will be listening to this album years from now.

Also Hemispheres? What are you talking about? Did you mean Weathervanes?
01:36 PM on 10/09/12
jdr277
User Info.
Yeah, I did mean Weathervanes. I was listening to an album called Hemispheres at the time. My bad. Fixing now. I really need a copy-editor. Sheesh.
No problem I just got excited like there was some album I missed, which quickly disappointed me after a short google search hah... But really nice review, I've read a bunch of reviews of this album and it's funny how each one had high reviews but completely different opinions on the standout tracks, for me my fav tracks change with each listen but as a whole the album just keeps getting stronger and stronger. It's a shame that most ppl won't give this album the needed time to really unravel all the magic it holds.
02:51 PM on 10/09/12
jdr277
User Info.
I think that's the sign of a really good album. When everyone disagrees on standout/favorite tracks, that usually means they are all really great.

Btw, what do you mean that most people wont give the album a chance?
Well personally after hearing "Locked Out" and "Spitting Image" earlier this year I was getting worried because they weren't Hannah/Starring material, but after I sat down with the whole album I loved every track. I just feel like not everyone will actually spin this album in it's entirety enough times to really sink in especially if they are hoping for those hooky pop songs that Diluvia lacks. For example this album doesn't really work on a playlist because the songs lose some of there greatness when they are heard out of context I guess... True fans will love it but the band most likely won't gain too many new fans because it lacks accessability, Personally I think it's as good as it gets and a huge step forward for the band.
04:00 PM on 10/09/12
jdr277
User Info.
They won't blow up, they're too nuanced.
They will/already have created a cult following though.

Also I'm glad that choosing this Avatar a couple months ago wasn't a mistake, my previous one (Margot's - Rot, Gut, Domestic) turned out to be a huge letdown and they are one of my favorite bands. I have a feeling very few of my favorite bands will reach my top 10 this year, so many new comers (Kishi Bashi, Alt-J, Dry The River, Vacationer...) have really stolen the spotlight IMO.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos