AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: August Burns Redís Top Holiday Songs

Posted by - 07:08 AM on 10/09/12
In correlation with August Burns Red's release of their Christmas album, Sleddin' Hill: A Holiday Album, today we are bringing you an early holiday treat. So, start getting in the holiday spirit by hitting the replies to check out guitarist JB Brubaker's top 10 holiday songs. Then go purchase their new record.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
07:08 AM on 10/09/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
JB Brubaker of August Burns Red's Top 10 Holiday Songs10. Blink-182 - "I Won't Be Home For Christmas"
I love Blink 182 and this is a great silly/immature Blink track full of distaste for large family gatherings around the holidays and even a decent penis joke. What more could you want? (I like family gatherings though.)

9. Weezer - "The Christmas Song"
This song is a B-side from Weezer's "Green Album" and while I'd agree they did their best work on their first two records, this is a great Weezer song and good enough to crack my Christmas top 10. It is rather sad though so don't listen to it if your boyfriend or girlfriend just dumped you before the holidays in order to save money on presents.

8. Jon Denver & The Muppets - "Christmas is Coming"
Miss Piggy is a babe. Youtube this song. This entire record is stellar.

7. Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock"
This song reminds me of Home Alone. Kevin McCallister is one of the greatest Christmas heroes of all time, and Bobby Helms is just dreamy. What a combo!

6. The Fray - "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
Isaac Slade, lead singer of The Fray, has such an awesome voice and I really love their cover of this Christmas classic, which is a bit surprising because I tend to dislike the sound of a chorus of young children singing. This song is the exception. Great track.

5. Adam Sandler - "Hanukkah Song"
Adam Sandler makes fun of OJ Simpson and makes a joke about smoking pot. Local radio stations all over America swoon!

4. Burl Ives - "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas"
This song has a swingin' beat that is sure to get the toes tappin' and the fingers snappin' at your Christmas party this year.

3. The Vandals - "Overture"
The Vandals "Oi to the World" album is my favorite Christmas album of all time and the last track "Overture" is like a the entire album wrapped up in a neat little package. Whoever wrote this medley is a genius. It includes pieces of almost all the songs from the album and it moves from song to song seamlessly. So cool. I wish I wrote this.

2. The Drifters - "White Christmas"
Our good friends in the band Emery came out to an acapella version of this song when we toured with them in December of 2009. They sang it like little angels and it was stuck in all of our heads the entire tour. Every time I hear this song around the holidays I'm reminded of Emery and the good times we had on that tour.

1. Josh Groban - "Oh Holy Night"
Groban has the voice of an angel. Mom's everywhere weep when this man opens his mouth. If you listen to this song and don't get chills at some point you are dead inside.
07:16 AM on 10/09/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Picking up Sleddin Hill today!
07:36 AM on 10/09/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow.. I'm surprised Mookie's Last Christmas didn't make the cut.
07:48 AM on 10/09/12
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Emery did kick ass with that rendition of White Christmas. When Devin's voice came in I was just like "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!"
08:10 AM on 10/09/12
ChaseTx
Quite a bit more pop/contemporary than most of the songs I would go with, but you gotta love Christmas music.
08:55 AM on 10/09/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
Picking up Sleddin Hill today!
You won't be disappointed. It's so good!
09:38 AM on 10/09/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
You won't be disappointed. It's so good!
I can't wait to hear the songs they haven't released before. It's going to be a treat.
09:38 AM on 10/09/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I wish I Won't Be Home For Christmas made their album.
10:51 AM on 10/09/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
Emery did kick ass with that rendition of White Christmas. When Devin's voice came in I was just like "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!"
Yeah! One of my favorite vocalists ever.

Also I went to Best Buy to pick up Sleddin' Hill, and they didn't have any copies!
11:22 AM on 10/09/12
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
I can't wait to hear the songs they haven't released before. It's going to be a treat.

Sweet Avatar avatar.

Yeah! One of my favorite vocalists ever.

Also I went to Best Buy to pick up Sleddin' Hill, and they didn't have any copies!

Best Buy is a nightmare, I can't find it either.
12:02 PM on 10/09/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Awesome list.

Time to start making my Christmas playlist.
12:16 PM on 10/09/12
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokťmon Trainer
User Info.
Sweet Avatar avatar.

Best Buy is a nightmare, I can't find it either.
It's been quite a while since I could walk into a Best Buy and find an album I wanted. I'm curious whether my taste in music is just getting more obscure or Best Buy is just starting to suck even more.
01:25 PM on 10/09/12
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
I love the John Denver and the Muppets album.
01:52 PM on 10/09/12
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
It's been quite a while since I could walk into a Best Buy and find an album I wanted. I'm curious whether my taste in music is just getting more obscure or Best Buy is just starting to suck even more.
It's definitely just bringing the suck. I'm blown away by how often I walk into a Hot Topic now, but it's really the only place to go if you want a physical copy on new release week.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos