EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
completely boring.
07:36 PM on 10/09/12
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
I would love to hear some music by any one of the people bashing on this album and have theirs be better...

feel free to check out Called to Arms, but it's an entirely different style of music...

Regardless, being in a band isn't a requirement to judge music. I've been a fan of Gibbards since probably '98. I enjoy the first 6 DCFC albums up through "Plans," the All-Time Quarterback stuff, and The Postal Service. However, this album didn't do anything for me. That's just my opinion though. Everyone is entitled to their own; I'm not saying that anyone else can't enjoy this.
12:26 PM on 10/10/12
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
I wasn't calling you out personally. It was a general comment. But it's really frustrating on this site how so many people come here just to judge music in a negative way and nit pick all the finest details. Sure, maybe it's not his best but you can't say it's awful, or terrible, or forgettable.

That being said, I like it but I was hoping for something similar to the Home split.

Understood. I do agree that I wouldn't say it is awful or terrible at all though. Those words get thrown around too often. I think the problem that happens with someone like Ben is that there are so many expectations associated with him because of all his success and all the awesome stuff he has been associated with over the years that it is easy to be disappointed.

I for one was pretty bored by it, but I definitely wouldn't say it is terrible. I've just heard so much better from him.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums