Male - 22 Years Old
Joie de Vivre is the best.
10:36 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
and we all return to our roots
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, I really dig their instrumentation, and I prefer when emo bands have vocalists who actually try to sing, rather than just off-key shouting.

I agree 100% with this. Even if the singer can't hit notes all that well (some Joie stuff, for example), sung vocals just sound so much better to me than yelling.
08:04 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
I always find it strange that I can't stand these so called "emo-revival" acts. Perhaps I'm just tired of feeling sad. No clue, but is the Fences s/t album considered part of this genre?

I saw Fences live once. Didn't strike me as emo at all, and they also put on one of worst live shows I've ever seen from a touring band. Totally turned me off from wanting to check out their record.
03:40 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Their s/t was depressing as f- yet oddly upbeat at times. Never really thought about seeing them live, as I got tired on over excitement leading to utter disappointment at shows. Sorry about your bad experience...

I didn't really see them on purpose, since they were opening for Against Me!, but I think the fact that had zero expectations for them made the fact that their show was bad stand out even more. Like, I think I go into shows where I'm seeing new bands with a pretty open mind, and it's fairly hard to disappoint me so thoroughly with a first impression, but they definitely found a way to.
09:43 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
hah, i think it's actually kind of funny. those guys have a strange sense of humor.

also, anyone who's saying My Heart to Joy is just "okay".... uhhhhhh. i would've loved to hear what was coming after "Reasons to Be"

They played my friend's basement three-ish years ago (with La Dispute, Hostage Calm, and a plethora of other great bands), and I didn't go because of homework or something. I regret it to this day.
05:08 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old

I won the record giveaway contest they were running on their Facebook, so I should be receiving both full-lengths and Summer Months on vinyl this week.
05:23 AM on 11/24/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
love the instruments on "american football" don't like the vocals or melodies.
does anyone have anything similar?

If you don't like the melody on "Never Meant" then I don't know if I can't help you, haha.

But really, check out Everyone Everywhere.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets