Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
10:01 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
I'll be curious to see if people share my passion for it. Again, truly believe this to be their best.
Your review was spot-on. It's amazing. Their most cohesive effort to date. So proud to call myself a fan of Anberlin.
10:03 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
Also, sidebar, but is anyone else catching the very obvious Tooth and Nail references in Type Three?
10:10 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
Yep I noticed that too. When I first heard it I smiled like a child
Thank you!
10:48 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
I had the exact same read on it, but Stephen denied it, and kind of laughed at the thought. Interview goes up on Monday.
When you use the name of the compilation album your old record label released without your approval in one of your songs, it is undoubtedly about them.
11:22 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
I am sitting in class reading these comments and it is KILLING me. Might leave early.
Do it!!!
11:27 AM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
Obligatory thread troll is obligatory. Thank you for your input, now go back to shoegazing.
Seconded.
01:47 PM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
I might be the rarity who thinks NS was the natural step from Cities. Cities was very dark and introspective; a lot of NS is melancholic and full of longing, which makes sense. I'm glad they never tried to make another Cities - imo, only with DITW did they mis-step a bit, but I give them props for never trying to sell out an appeal to a bigger audience. They seem to genuinely write songs that they love and for the fans they have.
I agree with you sir. I think that New Surrender never had a chance of doing well after the acclaim that Cities received. I think the band needed albums like the poppier New Surrender and the more melancholic DITW to get to where they are today. New Surrender and DITW were great albums on their own, but really never had a chance given what the fans craved.

That all being said, this is Anberlin's most cohesive effort to date. I am in love with the balance and Sprinkle's production is palpable on every track.
02:54 PM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
I think the synths wouldn't be possible with someone like Neil Avron or Brendan O'Brien. Anberlin's sound is and has always been perfected with their "6th Beatle," or Aaron Sprinkle.

Not going to lie, though, I was nervous because the synth history with Sprinkle included misses like Mathematics. Luckily this album is fricken amazing and the balance is, as you said, prisitine.
09:15 PM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
You totally did not read anything else I wrote did you?

No, a band should always strive to write great songs and hope singles generate new listeners. I was only commenting on the fact the song got so much success and it is a watered down remake of a song from an older album. If they had released a new song and it had got as much attention I would of liked it more.

The only reason I say I doubt everyone who checked out that song became a long time fan is because the band did not really get much more attention in the mainstreams than the one hit. Its one of those situations where people should of checked the band out but I think if more had than the album would of went gold at least or generated more purchases of future albums.

I think Anberlin should do everything they can to be heard but continue to progress and honestly I think this album progresses on the sound set forth in Cities instead of watering their sound down to be more radio friendly like New Surrender (despite having good songs). Despite its mixed reception I am glad they did release DITWLIAP because it showed progression in a different area. Vital shows the band pushing themselves and why I hope it gets good reviews and sells well I think an album of this caliber is more important than redoing an old song just to bank on a big single (bank as in popularity and not as in cash as Its obvious the band is in it for the music)
I get the point you're trying to get through but unfortunately you're going to be eaten alive on this thread for making it, so it seems.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests