10:24 AM on 10/11/12
cjudge90
User Info.
fuck YES gettin right into it. love the feel already

EDIT: this album is unreal
10:56 AM on 10/11/12
cjudge90
User Info.
How's it in terms of repetition of lyrics, all? That's what killed Dark for me. Only so many times I can hear "CLOSER CLOSER CLOOOOSSEEERRRRRRRR"/ songs that have two lines in between choruses.
vital blows dark is the way out of the water in every aspect. musically, lyrically, melodically, tonally, etc etc etc
02:40 PM on 10/11/12
cjudge90
User Info.
I just think their older songs have better structures and hooks to them. Songs like the resistance, dismantle repair, paperthin hymn etc are heavy but heavy in the right moments. Some of these new songs sound like a mess to me, heavy guitar which isn't really that rythmic, loud synth from the 80's that sounds like a video game ... its so cluttered. I feel like you need to let a song breathe on its own, and the new songs don't possess that. They seemed so forced
the synths integrate into the sound so organically I can't possibly see how you're complaining about them. It's not like they overtake any of the guitar work, melody or lyrics. they complement at most points, and only lead when they're meant to. the production on this record is pristine
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums