Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
10:53 AM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How's it in terms of repetition of lyrics, all? That's what killed Dark for me. Only so many times I can hear "CLOSER CLOSER CLOOOOSSEEERRRRRRRR"/ songs that have two lines in between choruses.
10:59 AM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So what you're saying is that you're not sure? Gotcha.
11:00 AM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm only concerned about its staying power. A lot of us, including me, LOVED Dark at first listen but over time, grew disappointed. Now I know what to look out for (for me it was only the lyrics/repetition that killed Dark) so as long as this is better in terms of that, I know I'll love it.
11:17 AM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What does that mean?
11:19 AM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll take Surrender, Cities, and Friendship over this any day

And unless I have been listening to too much post-rock / shoegaze lately that my tastes have changed I really think most of you will agree with me once the honeymoon period is over.

Its good, nothing more, nothing less
I love those albums so I wouldn't really mind if it ends up my 4th favorite Anberlin album.
12:10 PM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These thoughts are interesting. I've always liked Anberlin's slower songs better - Dance Dance, Inevitable, for example - so I'm glad to hear this isn't just heavy hit after heavy hit.
12:30 PM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed - one of the few tracks on NS that I really didn't like. The lyrics aren't bad or anything, it's just kinda hard to get into. No real rhythm for me.
01:06 PM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agree completely.
That said, Stephen credits him Neal greatly for advancing their songwriting and structuring - I'll take the mediocre album for the lessons they learned.

I might be the rarity who thinks NS was the natural step from Cities. Cities was very dark and introspective; a lot of NS is melancholic and full of longing, which makes sense. I'm glad they never tried to make another Cities - imo, only with DITW did they mis-step a bit, but I give them props for never trying to sell out an appeal to a bigger audience. They seem to genuinely write songs that they love and for the fans they have.
05:06 PM on 10/11/12
jdplasma11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone know of sites that have lyrics up already? Am very curious to see them. I've Googled but haven't found nothing. I assume it's just too early for them.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums