Username
Password
Anberlin News - Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 210 of 235.
09:12 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
So bands shouldn't try to be successful because not everybody is going to buy their albums from hearing their singles? Yeah right bro
You totally did not read anything else I wrote did you?

No, a band should always strive to write great songs and hope singles generate new listeners. I was only commenting on the fact the song got so much success and it is a watered down remake of a song from an older album. If they had released a new song and it had got as much attention I would of liked it more.

The only reason I say I doubt everyone who checked out that song became a long time fan is because the band did not really get much more attention in the mainstreams than the one hit. Its one of those situations where people should of checked the band out but I think if more had than the album would of went gold at least or generated more purchases of future albums.

I think Anberlin should do everything they can to be heard but continue to progress and honestly I think this album progresses on the sound set forth in Cities instead of watering their sound down to be more radio friendly like New Surrender (despite having good songs). Despite its mixed reception I am glad they did release DITWLIAP because it showed progression in a different area. Vital shows the band pushing themselves and why I hope it gets good reviews and sells well I think an album of this caliber is more important than redoing an old song just to bank on a big single (bank as in popularity and not as in cash as Its obvious the band is in it for the music)
09:15 PM on 10/11/12
MGAdams
Ooh Waah You Connect Me
User Info.
You totally did not read anything else I wrote did you?

No, a band should always strive to write great songs and hope singles generate new listeners. I was only commenting on the fact the song got so much success and it is a watered down remake of a song from an older album. If they had released a new song and it had got as much attention I would of liked it more.

The only reason I say I doubt everyone who checked out that song became a long time fan is because the band did not really get much more attention in the mainstreams than the one hit. Its one of those situations where people should of checked the band out but I think if more had than the album would of went gold at least or generated more purchases of future albums.

I think Anberlin should do everything they can to be heard but continue to progress and honestly I think this album progresses on the sound set forth in Cities instead of watering their sound down to be more radio friendly like New Surrender (despite having good songs). Despite its mixed reception I am glad they did release DITWLIAP because it showed progression in a different area. Vital shows the band pushing themselves and why I hope it gets good reviews and sells well I think an album of this caliber is more important than redoing an old song just to bank on a big single (bank as in popularity and not as in cash as Its obvious the band is in it for the music)
I get the point you're trying to get through but unfortunately you're going to be eaten alive on this thread for making it, so it seems.
09:16 PM on 10/11/12
srduncan
User Info.
The vocals near the end of "desires" made my day. SO pumped for this song live.

I'm right there with the majority of posts! SUUUCH a good album.
09:20 PM on 10/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I like Vital, and I think that it's a massive step forward and has some good songs...but for some reason it's not quite grabbing me the way some of their albums have. I'm going to need more time to listen to it. Looking forward to getting my copy!
09:22 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I get the point you're trying to get through but unfortunately you're going to be eaten alive on this thread for making it, so it seems.
I honestly bet most people would agree. Not everyone and they are entitled to their opinion.
New Surrender is an album most people on this site probably find decent but not as good as NTFP or Cities. Everyone has varying reasons and I know for a fact this is a common fault others have shared about New Surrender before. I am also praising Vital for its sound and how the band crafted a high caliber album that I can only hope sells well but all sales aside I am glad to know the band can still craft albums of this quality.
09:25 PM on 10/11/12
B.G.
User Info.
been a huge fan since Blueprints, this is such a good album. Not sure if anything will top cities and NTFP for me. But then again those two albums defined my youth. Excited to see these guys back kicking major ass.
09:31 PM on 10/11/12
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
Had this album for like 2 months or something now ... still just as good as the first listen.
How are the lyrics as a whole? The singles I heard off of it that has been my biggest reservation so far. And I would rather at this point just give up on them and not listen to this album ever, as opposed to hate them even more with the awful lyrics from the past two records.
09:38 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
How are the lyrics as a whole? The singles I heard off of it that has been my biggest reservation so far. And I would rather at this point just give up on them and not listen to this album ever, as opposed to hate them even more with the awful lyrics from the past two records.
If you don't like the lyrics on the singles I don't see you liking the album but at the same time if you don't like the album I have to wonder what you liked about this band in the first place as it is the logical progression from Cities with elements of NTFP. Vital is a really good album and my favorite tracks were not singles but self starter is one of the best tracks overall on the album.

Just curious what about the lyrics of the first 2 singles did you not like. I thought Self Starter more than anything really had a Godspeed feel.
09:44 PM on 10/11/12
HelpImAlive92
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is what happens when you work with Aaron Sprinkle. Perfection
10:29 PM on 10/11/12
AnberlinRoxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok lets settle this right now.

This album is incredible, very creative, vocally Stephens best work. You can tell every member of the band has progressed tremendously. Who gives a fly f*** if synth is added into it. Its never over powering by any means(minus innocent), and the instrumentation is better than ever. You can hear the emotion through every song and the record is balanced through out all. I must admit it is hard for me to really appreciate this because I compare it to Cities too heavily. I'm not gonna say its better than Cities but definitely equal to it. They both have strengths in different areas, but what they both have in common is emotion and diversity. With that being said go out and buy this album. Jam it out, listen and emotionally connect. The thing I have always loved about Anberlin is not one album they have put out has sounded the same, and every song has a meaning and depth to it. Anberlin is by far and with ease not only one of the best bands of our generation but all time.
11:04 PM on 10/11/12
The Gryphonator
User Info.
Can't stop listening to this.
12:11 AM on 10/12/12
natedogg8
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anberlin puts their pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once their pants are on, they make gold records like this one.
02:11 AM on 10/12/12
slamthisdown
my (fucking) deer hunter
User Info.
Never heard this band before. Read all the positive feedback, so I gave it a whirl. I couldn't make it through the first song. Came back and read even more positive feedback, so I'll give it another chance I guess.
03:33 AM on 10/12/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Had this album for like 2 months or something now ... still just as good as the first listen.

this is correct, album is still very very good, probably the best of their career
04:14 AM on 10/12/12
Forefall
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've never been a fan of Anberlin, specifically for the vocal style. With autotune, it's just so much worse. I can't stand listening to him sing. It's really frustrating because the music behind it is absolutely killer.

Instrumental version of the album, please? :|
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News