tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
Oh man sooooo fucking good!!!
11:30 AM on 10/11/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Obligatory thread troll is obligatory. Thank you for your input, now go back to shoegazing.

Just honest opinions man ... AP threads are notorious for mutual praise of a new record as the best thing ever written just because its new material by a band, and then 2 months later the same users are listening to the bands back catalogue instead because they prefer it more.

This is a good record, I just feel people need to settle down a bit. People were saying the exact same things about the last one and look how well that one is regarded now
11:30 AM on 10/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'll take Surrender, Cities, and Friendship over this any day

And unless I have been listening to too much post-rock / shoegaze lately that my tastes have changed I really think most of you will agree with me once the honeymoon period is over.

Its good, nothing more, nothing less
Had this album for like 2 months or something now ... still just as good as the first listen.
11:33 AM on 10/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Also, sidebar, but is anyone else catching the very obvious Tooth and Nail references in Type Three?
i brought this up to jack a few weeks back, and had him ask in his interview. apparently it's not. don't know if i believe that haha.
11:34 AM on 10/11/12
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Never listened to this band before, but f**k does self-starter already leave an immense impression.

EDIT: As everyone else said, it's great.
11:36 AM on 10/11/12
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
How does this weigh in with their other albums for you?
11:37 AM on 10/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
after a few weeks of listening, it's definitely their best since cities, potentially their best overall.
11:40 AM on 10/11/12
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
This was supposed have quoted Jason's comment. Bad connection. Other opinions are welcome as well.
11:41 AM on 10/11/12
BruceWayne
User Info.
I'm with the Troll, this album doesn't hook me in as fast as previous Anberlin albums. Mind you, if I hadn't been listening to Self-Starter for two months straight now i might have a different opinion.
11:42 AM on 10/11/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I'll take Surrender, Cities, and Friendship over this any day

And unless I have been listening to too much post-rock / shoegaze lately that my tastes have changed I really think most of you will agree with me once the honeymoon period is over.

Its good, nothing more, nothing less
I think very few people would take New Surrender over this.
11:42 AM on 10/11/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just honest opinions man ... AP threads are notorious for mutual praise of a new record as the best thing ever written just because its new material by a band, and then 2 months later the same users are listening to the bands back catalogue instead because they prefer it more.

This is a good record, I just feel people need to settle down a bit. People were saying the exact same things about the last one and look how well that one is regarded now
While I agree that early hype is common, you do realize you're in the minority regarding New Surrender, right?
11:50 AM on 10/11/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
While I agree that early hype is common, you do realize you're in the minority regarding New Surrender, right?

Haha I was waiting for that. Yeah I do realize that, just thought I'd throw it in as I like it as much as the other 2 more high regarded records
11:51 AM on 10/11/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
Desires melted my face off, must seek medical attention.
11:55 AM on 10/11/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
damn, it's better than i thought it would be and my expectations were already extremely high.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums