AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Purevolume News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PureVolume Interviews Further Seems Forever

Posted by - 08:31 PM on 10/11/12
PureVolume recently sat down with Chris Carrabba of Further Seems Forever to talk about the band's reformation as well as what the future holds for the band.
From The Interview I think we carried along the tastes we gained along the way as musicians and players. The stuff that we did in the '90s or the' 00s sounded contemporary at the time because that's what things sounded like then and that's what was influencing us. Between now and then, that's twelve years of listening to new bands every day and approaching our instruments differently all the time. So we're always going to sound like us, but for us to sound like we did back then we would have to try; we would have to decide to make a conscious effort to deconstruct those songs and figure out why they work to recreate that, and that's something that we weren't interested in doing.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
09:15 PM on 10/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Really looking forward to actually hearing Penny Black in full--sounds awesome so far!
11:08 PM on 10/11/12
june182
User Info.
I want this now!
08:22 AM on 10/12/12
absolution
User Info.
WHO MIXED THIS ALBUM - WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME WORDS
09:06 AM on 10/12/12
kevinrguinn
User Info.
WHO MIXED THIS ALBUM - WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME WORDS
Seriously. It's weird but it seems like albums aren't getting mixed as well recently. Might be do to a lack of funding but I feel like the songs I've heard from this, In Currents (TEN) and even Blinks Neighborhoods were all mixed really poorly.

:(
12:58 PM on 10/12/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
"So Cold" still sounds like Further Seems Forever to me. They put out another song that I can't remember the name of and that sounded like them too. I think bands like them, who put out new material, and successfully still sound like themselves are few and far between.
09:45 PM on 10/21/12
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
album is amazing...period

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT