Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:44 PM on 10/11/12
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I wanna help this band out but I would rather hand them 10 dollars then go through this thing. I honestly would of given a good amount if a cd was offered but I just can't justify giving that much when the rewards are just twitter shout outs and stuff I don't care about. I have bought all their eps and albums and will continue to but nothing about this is appealing other than getting their album made. I may give like 5 dollars but its not a priority atm. I hope they release a great album and can afford it but not offering even a digital download just sorta rubs me the wrong way. I know it is greedy to say but I wanna give a lot to the band and get something special from it to remember even if it is something as simple as the cd you could just get anywhere.
I think the assumption they're making, which is the assumption that I would make were I in a band in this position, is that anyone who cares enough to donate money to help them make a record already owns their pre-existing music in some capacity.
03:07 AM on 10/12/12
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I get that but I mean this is the only one of these things I have ever seen where you don't get a digital download or a cd of the new album when its done. I get that they wanna sell it and that is all good but if fans are willing to give 20-100+ throwing in a copy of the album seems standard. Even assuming the band is going for a full digital only release and no hard copies this time around which I have seen bands do tacking on a digital copy can't hurt them that much especially when it really gives the fans that want this album out so much what they really want in the end. These things are meant to be mutually beneficial. Money is given to the band to record a record with hopes it will be good and rewards are given to the backers for their contribution to making the album release possible.

I will buy the album when it comes out and if the singer asked for a bit of help (I know the guy) I would easily give him a 10 or something but I just don't see the need (personally...not speaking for everyone) to go through this whole process.
I know Brandon as well, we grew up in the same town and I sold merch for them at one of their first shows where they actually had merch to sell. To start, I thought people were saying a copy of like Flourescent Youth should be thrown in, so my fault there. As far as throwing a copy of the album in once it's done, yeah it would be nice, but I can see why they wouldn't do it. The reason that they can't afford to record now is because like it or not, they haven't done well financially with their previous releases. They can't guarantee this album will sell well enough to make them back more than what they spend making it, and yeah, it sucks, but it's just not a wise business move. They care about the fans certainly, but they're trying to make things happen to where they can get this recorded AND tour on it, and they're trying to be smart in order to accomplish that. They did offer a surplus of rewards to anyone paying high amounts, and yeah, only the $25 package seems really fitting, but even if they threw the album in, would it make everything in the $750 package seem worth $750 to you? They can only do so much. That being said, I like their music alot and the shirt I bought from them when FY came out has a hole in it, so I'm going to cash out $25 when I get paid to do my bit and replace it all in one.
02:04 PM on 10/12/12
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
The rewards suck so this band isn't getting any money from me
I still think $25 for a t-shirt, sticker, set of autographs, a tweet, and a skype session with the band is pretty reasonable, at least if you genuinely enjoy their music on the level I do. I wouldn't cash out for any of the higher priced ones though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests