AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24
12:14 PM on 10/12/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Anyone else get a vague Gaslight vibe on "Pillow Talk"?
Thought the same
02:01 PM on 10/12/12
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
I can dig it.
03:56 PM on 10/13/12
elwoodjblues
User Info.
Dope.
08:15 PM on 10/13/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds very promising...and yes feeling the nice and logical Gaslight influence. Looking forward to hearing Greg produce this. Somehow I imagined his "other project" outside Moving Mountains to be an acoustic based project. Can't wait to hear the new Moving Mountains album as well.
06:23 AM on 10/14/12
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Sounds very promising...and yes feeling the nice and logical Gaslight influence. Looking forward to hearing Greg produce this. Somehow I imagined his "other project" outside Moving Mountains to be an acoustic based project. Can't wait to hear the new Moving Mountains album as well.
I'm actually not surprised Greg has a side project like this. He's said before that he grew up listening to Springsteen and there is a video of him covering a Springsteen song acoustically from this year. I know that's not much to go off of, but it seems to fit well for him.

With that being said, I can't wait to hear what else these guys make. Pillow Talk is alright, but Make Believe is great. Good shit.
07:16 PM on 10/14/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm actually not surprised Greg has a side project like this. He's said before that he grew up listening to Springsteen and there is a video of him covering a Springsteen song acoustically from this year. I know that's not much to go off of, but it seems to fit well for him.

With that being said, I can't wait to hear what else these guys make. Pillow Talk is alright, but Make Believe is great. Good shit.
Moving Mountains had recorded a fantastic Bruce Springsteen cover already prior to Waves. I'd like them to consider do more covers like that. With Greg playing some solo acoustic stuff, I wouldn't consider it a stretch for an acoustic based project someday. I just think it's less common for someone who does lead vocals/instrument to join a band to just play an instrument (I know others like Justin Pierre, and the guys in the Gimmie Gimmie's have done it to name a few).
04:40 AM on 10/15/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
What an awful name for a band.
04:08 PM on 10/15/12
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
that's interesting.. I've heard his Springsteen covers and seen some influence, maybe, but still that's a surprise.. And anywayl, these are great demos, I personally also do like this kind of music
10:09 PM on 10/19/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
This and his electronic project are pretty awesome. Also really excited for LP3 from MovMou.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos