Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
02:29 PM on 10/13/12
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)

I mean, clearly the band has been around forever, so like Saves The Day, a lot of ex-members can be expected to a certain extent, but what about bands like Jimmy Eat World? They've managed to be around as long as The Ataris and not have a million ex-members, so it really makes you wonder what goes on in their camp to cause so many people to come and go like this.

Bands like Jew have members that stay because they're making money. Bands like STD and Ataris can't do that so members quit for various reasons. Most bands in this situation break up. Just cuz they have a lot of ex members doesn't necessarily mean that Kris is an asshole, it just means he wants to continue the band even though they aren't making much money.
12:24 AM on 10/14/12
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I see what you are saying and it makes sense to a degree but the reason JEW members stay apart of the band is probably more than money. They are not dishing out big singles like they used to but they always seem like they are having fun in videos and live.

Yeah but they are getting a lot more people showing up to thier shows and buying thier merchandise. This matters a lot when members of the band start having kids/families. The Ataris doesn't have this luxary and would have broken up a long time ago(like so man other bands) if Kris Roe didn't have his heart into keeping this band going. My point was just that having a lot of ex members does not at all mean that Kris is a douche.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos