Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:28 PM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.
I'm right there with you. I listened to that album almost every single day for two years. It wasn't poppy enough for the people that wanted another So Long Astoria but had any other band released that album, it would still be talked about regularly today.
11:10 AM on 10/13/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
So this is how you get 2012 relevance: sound like Gaslight.
This is an odd statement for two reasons. 1) These songs are literally older than The Gaslight Anthem (Fast Times: 10 years old, 12/15/10: around 13-14 years old) and 2) They don't sound like The Gaslight Anthem at all. Your ignorance actually makes me wonder if you have ever heard The Gaslight Anthem and the whole folksy-bluesy thing they do...
08:30 AM on 10/14/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Kris knew the exact date of his grandmother's death for 11 years and didn't tell anyone?

i think you're thinking of a different song...
I was. It was weird because I knew that song so well and had just assumed it was the song with the numbered title (I rarely know track names because I listen to cd's mostly and don't look at the tracklist). When I first heard it I knew all the words and so I just assumed it was a re-recorded song from Blue Skies. It turns out I knew it from Hang Your Head in Hope.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests