Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 85.
05:13 AM on 10/13/12
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.
That record is extremely underrated. I love it just as much as So, Long Astoria for different reasons. The new album needs to come out already.
05:41 AM on 10/13/12
gregl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great to see Welcome The Night getting some nods, I have always loved the record, it has been dusted off the last few weeks and will no doubt be played all autumn/winter.

It is such a shame it got shit on as it followed So Long Astoria. People in general are just too small minded, So Long Astoria is a special album to me but I was always able to separate the two right off the bat and appreciate Welcome The Night For what it was. Lyrically and sonically (especially for this time of year) a phenomenal record.

New songs are no shock brilliant, 12/15/10 sounds great full band and I am really liking the re-recording of Fast-Times, good to see the new guitar elements found in live performances.

My favourite version of Fast Times is the live version that Kris released on a tour EP a couple of years ago, such a great representation of the song, in fact I think it was from a Napster session...

When the record finally comes out in 2027, man it is going to be awesome!
06:36 AM on 10/13/12
rbf737
User Info.
Speaking of the producer (someone mentioned him) his name is Bob Hoag and he had a band called "the Go Reflex" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHnmI4SpM3c which I got into because I think Kris mentioned them back in the day. They had some good tunes like a decade ago but kind of disappeared pretty quickly. Nowadays he plays keys in the Ataris as someone said and produces and I messaged him asking him for a copy of one of the Go Reflex songs a couple of years ago and he said he was re-recording them and was planning some kind of release.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent I'm sure no one has heard of them but I liked their stuff and have to think of them when I think of Bob.
07:37 AM on 10/13/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
Speaking of the producer (someone mentioned him) his name is Bob Hoag and he had a band called "the Go Reflex" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHnmI4SpM3c which I got into because I think Kris mentioned them back in the day. They had some good tunes like a decade ago but kind of disappeared pretty quickly. Nowadays he plays keys in the Ataris as someone said and produces and I messaged him asking him for a copy of one of the Go Reflex songs a couple of years ago and he said he was re-recording them and was planning some kind of release.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent I'm sure no one has heard of them but I liked their stuff and have to think of them when I think of Bob.

he was also in a band called Pollen waaay back in the day. They ruled too.
08:49 AM on 10/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
These songs sound like a cross between Welcome To The Night and So Long Astoria. I have been wanting to hear 12/15/10 since they added it to their live sets. It was good live. Also the redone version of Fastimes is very different but if the album sounds like this then I can't wait. The Ataris will always be one of my favorites in pop punk.
09:35 AM on 10/13/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
perhaps it was all a publicity stunt for both bands.

The second I read the body of this post I thought the same thing.
09:44 AM on 10/13/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
So this is how you get 2012 relevance: sound like Gaslight.
10:31 AM on 10/13/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
This sounds like a logical succession from So Long Astoria--unlike that other album (which i listened to just because it was them, but didn't really ever find to my enjoyment).
10:58 AM on 10/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
eh I could care less about drama but when it comes to evaluating these songs they sound great. I honestly would've been ok if The Ataris didn't ever come out with a new album but while I am not going to wait on the edge for its release date I will definitely get it if it comes out. The Ataris were once one of my favorite bands and saw them live this year and it was awesome.
11:10 AM on 10/13/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
So this is how you get 2012 relevance: sound like Gaslight.
This is an odd statement for two reasons. 1) These songs are literally older than The Gaslight Anthem (Fast Times: 10 years old, 12/15/10: around 13-14 years old) and 2) They don't sound like The Gaslight Anthem at all. Your ignorance actually makes me wonder if you have ever heard The Gaslight Anthem and the whole folksy-bluesy thing they do...
11:11 AM on 10/13/12
cmark88
King of the Wild Frontier
User Info.
These songs sound like a cross between Welcome To The Night and So Long Astoria. I have been wanting to hear 12/15/10 since they added it to their live sets. It was good live. Also the redone version of Fastimes is very different but if the album sounds like this then I can't wait. The Ataris will always be one of my favorites in pop punk.
I'm definitely getting the vibe of an album that's between those two sounds too. I love both those records. I feel like people that judged Welcome to the Night album and never went back should go back to it now, because it may sound better to you if your tastes have matured over the years! Same thing with Matchbook Romance's 'Voices'....
11:58 AM on 10/13/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.

My favourite version of Fast Times is the live version that Kris released on a tour EP a couple of years ago, such a great representation of the song, in fact I think it was from a Napster session...

I also have this version on iTunes, it's really good. Kris' mentioned several times that this is the best song he ever wrote in his opinion, and I have to agree. Great lyrics.
12:56 PM on 10/13/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Kind of boring, I feel like Kris's vocals have gotten more generic over the years, I get what he is going for but his vocals arn't good enough to bring me in
01:54 PM on 10/13/12
Basketcase
User Info.
fucking great! i especially like the re-recorded version of Fast Times more than the original.
03:31 PM on 10/13/12
ILiveInMyCar
User Info.
he was also in a band called Pollen waaay back in the day. They ruled too.
I can't believe someone else even knows of Pollen - god, I don't feel as old now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests