AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 85.
04:16 PM on 10/13/12
sooperdoodey
User Info.
If they would just finish/release this god damned album it would do wonders for their career.
04:24 PM on 10/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm definitely getting the vibe of an album that's between those two sounds too. I love both those records. I feel like people that judged Welcome to the Night album and never went back should go back to it now, because it may sound better to you if your tastes have matured over the years! Same thing with Matchbook Romance's 'Voices'....
I won't lie I did not like it at first but listened to it a 2 years ago and loved it. It is different and barely sounds like The Ataris but was good in a different way. I really like the bridge between those sounds. 12/15/10 is something I have wanted to hear for a long time.
07:10 PM on 10/13/12
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
User Info.
I was not expecting to like this. It's been a long time since So Long, Astoria. But... these are awesome!
10:05 PM on 10/13/12
dX927
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is an odd statement for two reasons. 12/15/10: around 13-14 years old)
Kris knew the exact date of his grandmother's death for 11 years and didn't tell anyone?
05:24 AM on 10/14/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
12/15/10: around 13-14 years old)

i think you're thinking of a different song...
08:30 AM on 10/14/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Kris knew the exact date of his grandmother's death for 11 years and didn't tell anyone?

i think you're thinking of a different song...
I was. It was weird because I knew that song so well and had just assumed it was the song with the numbered title (I rarely know track names because I listen to cd's mostly and don't look at the tracklist). When I first heard it I knew all the words and so I just assumed it was a re-recorded song from Blue Skies. It turns out I knew it from Hang Your Head in Hope.
12:08 PM on 10/14/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Wouldn't it be awesome if the whole freakout was a publicity stunt to get more ears to the new songs?
12:54 PM on 10/14/12
scormier2
User Info.
I'll be sure to not check it out.
01:44 PM on 10/14/12
AmericanBryan
The Ataris / Brian
User Info.
Speaking of the producer (someone mentioned him) his name is Bob Hoag and he had a band called "the Go Reflex" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHnmI4SpM3c which I got into because I think Kris mentioned them back in the day. They had some good tunes like a decade ago but kind of disappeared pretty quickly. Nowadays he plays keys in the Ataris as someone said and produces and I messaged him asking him for a copy of one of the Go Reflex songs a couple of years ago and he said he was re-recording them and was planning some kind of release.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent I'm sure no one has heard of them but I liked their stuff and have to think of them when I think of Bob.
The Go Reflex is amazing Bob is such a good songwriter we actually had them play some west coast shows with us a few months ago and in Tempe, AZ they did a Pollen set too!
04:59 PM on 10/14/12
jaymzbtw
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This re-recording of Fast Times is so fecking old. I got it on a demo CD that Kris was giving out when he did an acoustic tour of Australia back in 2009.
Other song is great.
05:03 PM on 10/14/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Wish he kept the piano at the end of Fast Times
05:02 AM on 10/15/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Brilliant.

The Ataris have always been a fave band of mine. I'm so stoked for new music from them. Graveyard is going to be on high repeat for me.

I'm happy to see people loving Welcome The Night here too. That was a very timely album in my life. Had a chance to talk to Kris about that at a show years ago. So good.
05:57 AM on 10/15/12
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
This re-recording of Fast Times is so fecking old. I got it on a demo CD that Kris was giving out when he did an acoustic tour of Australia back in 2009.
Other song is great.
What else was on that CD?
06:22 AM on 10/15/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
weird... I thought they scrapped the flying blanket recordings. if these are the originals, they were no joke recorded back in 2009.
06:39 AM on 10/15/12
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
The Ataris and Saves The Day first introduced me to pop-punk back in the day. Won't lie, these are pretty great.

Great to hear "Fast Times At Dropout High" again. It sounds incredible.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests