www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
User Info.
damn i want this cd
10:21 AM on 10/15/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
What else was on that CD?
I might be wrong but the tour EP with a new version of Fast Times was a live version and had this track listing:

1: Soul and Fire (Sebadoh cover)
2: Oh Kansas City
3: Fast Times At Dropout High (live)
4: Cardiff By The Sea (live)
5: The Cheyenne Line (live)
6: Secret Handshakes (live)
7: Untitled

The version of Fast Times on this tour EP is really "Welcome The Night"-ish (pretty sure it was recorded late on the touring cycle for that LP) with a long outro and some great guitar work.

This new studio version is fucking great. Loving new Ataris :)
08:57 PM on 10/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I might be wrong but the tour EP with a new version of Fast Times was a live version and had this track listing:

1: Soul and Fire (Sebadoh cover)
2: Oh Kansas City
3: Fast Times At Dropout High (live)
4: Cardiff By The Sea (live)
5: The Cheyenne Line (live)
6: Secret Handshakes (live)
7: Untitled

The version of Fast Times on this tour EP is really "Welcome The Night"-ish (pretty sure it was recorded late on the touring cycle for that LP) with a long outro and some great guitar work.

This new studio version is fucking great. Loving new Ataris :)
That tour EP sounds awesome. I never knew about it. Regardless if the album sounds like this then I am down. I liked All Souls Day and Graveyard of The Atlantic that were previously released because they had a darker sound with still having that so long astoria (one of my favorite albums of all time) elements. These 2 songs just released follow suit with even more Welcome The Night vibe without loosing touch of that so long, astoria vibe. This is generally a more mature sounding melodic punk/alt rock and honestly if The Ataris ever get this album out it may be on a lot of people's ATOY lists despite them not really being active over the last few years.
02:15 AM on 10/16/12
beatsbybuy663
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Teens and young adults will love karaoke as well. http://www.beatsbydrecheapofficials.com/ They will feel almost like adults when they are out for an evening enjoying good food, the company of friends, and the laughter that karaoke inspires. Parents can be assured that their children are out participating in safe activities and that they are having harmless fun. http://www.beatsbydrecheapofficials.com/ Karaoke can be a great way for teens to Cheap Beats by Dre continue to develop confidence and self-esteem as they try new things in front of cheapsdf dr dre beats people. There is no better time than during the teenage years to experiment and be silly.
04:12 AM on 10/16/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
That tour EP sounds awesome. I never knew about it. Regardless if the album sounds like this then I am down. I liked All Souls Day and Graveyard of The Atlantic that were previously released because they had a darker sound with still having that so long astoria (one of my favorite albums of all time) elements. These 2 songs just released follow suit with even more Welcome The Night vibe without loosing touch of that so long, astoria vibe. This is generally a more mature sounding melodic punk/alt rock and honestly if The Ataris ever get this album out it may be on a lot of people's ATOY lists despite them not really being active over the last few years.

It is pretty great. I have another EP Kris was selling in 06 or 07 (?) from Chain Reaction in California. It has no label, writing or anything - literally just a burnt CD of acoustic cover songs. It has this tracklisting:

1: Soul and Fire (Sebadoh) slightly different to the other EP version, I think????
2: Horseshoe Lounge (Slade Cleaves)
3: 747 (Kent)
4: Car (Built To Spill)
5: Priests and Paramedics (Pedro The Lion)
6: We Don't Mind (Hayden)
7: Kiss The Bottle (Jawbreaker)

But yeah, I'm super excited for Graveyard. Loving the 4 songs released from it so far. All Soul's Day is just perfect. I think it'll be right up there with my fave albums if these tunes are any indication.

Again, I'm super happy that there is some Welcome The Night love being posted. I always looked at it as a separate project for Kris but still under The Ataris name. I think he put a lot of effort into that LP so I'm glad it is being acknowledged by others.
10:32 AM on 10/16/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It is pretty great. I have another EP Kris was selling in 06 or 07 (?) from Chain Reaction in California. It has no label, writing or anything - literally just a burnt CD of acoustic cover songs. It has this tracklisting:

1: Soul and Fire (Sebadoh) slightly different to the other EP version, I think????
2: Horseshoe Lounge (Slade Cleaves)
3: 747 (Kent)
4: Car (Built To Spill)
5: Priests and Paramedics (Pedro The Lion)
6: We Don't Mind (Hayden)
7: Kiss The Bottle (Jawbreaker)

But yeah, I'm super excited for Graveyard. Loving the 4 songs released from it so far. All Soul's Day is just perfect. I think it'll be right up there with my fave albums if these tunes are any indication.

Again, I'm super happy that there is some Welcome The Night love being posted. I always looked at it as a separate project for Kris but still under The Ataris name. I think he put a lot of effort into that LP so I'm glad it is being acknowledged by others.
I think time will pay off. They have waited a long time to really get this LP done but by combining that alt rock sound with their pop punk sound they have created some really special songs here. If people don't just write off the band because of the drama in current events (all bands have drama) than I got a feeling this album will be really good.
10:49 AM on 10/16/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I think time will pay off. They have waited a long time to really get this LP done but by combining that alt rock sound with their pop punk sound they have created some really special songs here. If people don't just write off the band because of the drama in current events (all bands have drama) than I got a feeling this album will be really good.
Agreed. I hope people let the music speak for itself.
11:09 AM on 10/16/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Agreed. I hope people let the music speak for itself.
Honestly as much as I love pop punk bands and old ataris as well as a whole slew of bands from my childhood are up there as my favorite bands I still really love darker records. Saves The Day, Bayside, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World, Dinosaur Jr, and more have been on heavy rotation recently. It could just be the weather getting colder but music is perceived based on the mood in which the album exists. A lot of people wrote off Invented by Jimmy Eat World when it came out but it fit within a specific mood that even I had to find and once I did I absolutely loved it.

I honestly did not like Welcome The Night that much when it came out cause it was just such a jarring change but once I found the mood it exists within and how it fits into binges of that style of music it really hit home. So Long, Astoria will always be my favorite as I have so many memories with that album that grow stronger every year (GF found the LP for 20 bucks for my birthday) and Blue Skies is a classic pop punk album. Despite that I think progression in a band should never be written off especially if the listener has not discovered its mood yet. Thats why I think Daybreak is up there as the best or 2nd best Saves The Day record. It branches out while drawing elements from multiple of their albums and lyrically is relatable.
04:02 AM on 10/17/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Honestly as much as I love pop punk bands and old ataris as well as a whole slew of bands from my childhood are up there as my favorite bands I still really love darker records. Saves The Day, Bayside, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World, Dinosaur Jr, and more have been on heavy rotation recently. It could just be the weather getting colder but music is perceived based on the mood in which the album exists. A lot of people wrote off Invented by Jimmy Eat World when it came out but it fit within a specific mood that even I had to find and once I did I absolutely loved it.

I honestly did not like Welcome The Night that much when it came out cause it was just such a jarring change but once I found the mood it exists within and how it fits into binges of that style of music it really hit home. So Long, Astoria will always be my favorite as I have so many memories with that album that grow stronger every year (GF found the LP for 20 bucks for my birthday) and Blue Skies is a classic pop punk album. Despite that I think progression in a band should never be written off especially if the listener has not discovered its mood yet. Thats why I think Daybreak is up there as the best or 2nd best Saves The Day record. It branches out while drawing elements from multiple of their albums and lyrically is relatable.

I dug Welcome The Night when it came out. I agree with you - it is a better winter record. I was ready for something different. I'd been playing The Ataris (and pop-punk in general) for years and so when some of my fave bands were making more diverse records I ate it up. I had a chat with Kris before a show back in 09 about how much Welcome The Night meant to me, comparing it to Weezer's Pinkerton and Saves The Day's In Reverie. Don't even get me started on Saves The Day.

I still haven't given Invented a good go. I'll get on to that.
08:19 PM on 10/17/12
yuanadmin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I probably will care more to match all my gear than to actually learn the sport. I can see Belstaff Jackets Outlet
it now… I wake up and do my hair, put on all my matching gear, and go down to the lodge by the fire- look around- and decide I am the best damned dressed boarder of them all. Unfortunately, that will get me no where on the slopes.
So while I think ahead to my near future days of boarding, I started to think that I may need a cute bag to go along with my experience (yes, another excuse to buy a bag). When I imagine myself at a Ski Lodge this winter, I see myself carrying the new Belstaff Jackets
Soho Large Ski Hobo[/b]. Although white is so hard to keep sparkling clean, I still would opt for the white hobo which is trimmed in light and soft rabbit fur. The rest of the Belstaff Jackets UK
is made from quilted Signature fabric and has a posh tab with magnetic snap and dogleash closure. Once you open up this beauty, you will find fabric lining, a zip pocket, and a multi-function pocket. Dimensions are 15 1/4″ for the strap and 14 1/4 (L) x 12 1/4 (H) overall. Don’t be fooled, this is quite the big bag. If you want to look posh on the slopes (rather in the lodge), buy this bag in black, brown, or white for $498 via Belstaff Leather Jacket

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos