Username
Password

07:39 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
Agreed. I hope the Yanks are able to put CC back out the same night Verlander pitches but it would be short rest after a complete game. I think he'd be able to handle it, just not sure they'd do it.
12:12 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
Ugh, tix are down to $27 for 200 level tonight but I can't be sure I'd find anyone to go on such short notice.
05:28 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
I really want A-Rod to have a big moment. All this bs needs to lead to something.
07:01 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
This team is bad enough with RISP on a regular day, now no one can hit on top of it.
07:35 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
So excited to see how A-Rod, Swisher and Granderson will fail to provide in the 9th (cuz you know Ibanez will probably hit a triple or something). I'd say they should pinch hit but it's not like Chavez has been doing any better. Maybe Nix? Gardner who's had like, two at-bats since April? CC?

Cue me realizing it's only the 8th. This game just feels never-ending.
08:35 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!
09:18 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
I know this game seemed hopeless at one point but it's depressing how many people left. It's a playoff!
10:18 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
What an awful way for Derek to end a fantastic season. I'd like to think the Yanks can pull it off without him, but he's practically the only offense they've had. Even if it's the smack they need, what a blow.
10:24 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
Practically the only offense? What the fuck about Raul ibanez?

Hence the practically. Raul has been fantastic. Offense wise, can't be said for many others. Ichiro seems to be coming back, though.
05:46 PM on 10/14/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
Just got back from the game and I'm enraged. By everything. I can't believe the vibe in that stadium tonight, it's inexcusable.
08:43 PM on 10/14/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
I wish I could tell you. I don't think it's prices, there were plenty of tickets available in the $20-$40 range on StubHub over the weekend. But of all the games I've been to this season, this was the one with a. the least people and b. the least noise. It kind of felt like people were there because they had to be, and since the players weren't hitting, they weren't going to put much effort into anything either. Not to mention the amount of booing.
10:28 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
The Yankees just aren't inspiring or fun to watch. I've been saying this for most of the season, despite most of my friends disagreeing with me. I'm a big Yanks fan but I don't find this team to be compelling to watch at all. Every game just seems like they're going through the motions.

I don't want to agree on this but overall, I think I do. Over the past few years, I've gotten more interested in baseball as a whole, as opposed to mostly just following my favorite team, and have been feeling a little conflicted by how I enjoy watching the NL team I follow almost as closely as the Yankees (the Giants) more. There's a connection and excitement that used to be stronger not quite clicking this season.
02:16 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
A-Rod and Swisher both out of tonight's lineup. Brett Gardner leading off, Nunez at shortstop.

Gardner
Ichiro
Tex
Cano
Ibanez (DH)
Martin
Chavez
Granderson
Nunez
02:22 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
Seeing as it's potentially Nick Swisher's last game as a Yankee, I'd like to see him having learned from the past few days and hit the baseball.
05:07 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
BensonHedges
Registered Member
NYC
Female
This game isn't going to happen, is it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music