Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
How the fuck was that an out?
05:01 AM on 10/14/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Disappointing with Jeter, but when the Yankees lack of offense lets every game go 13-14 innings, injuries like that are going to happen.
06:49 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I think the crowd at Yankee Stadium is not into it for two very obvious reasons:

1) This current Yankees squad is easily delivering the most boring postseason performance for at least the past 15 years.

The one part of the game where fans can really get loud (when the Yankees are at the plate) has no drama or intrigue. Just endless scoreless innings, endless whiffing, endless ground outs and fly balls. Endless consecutive games where guys go 1 for 5, 0 for 5, 0 for 4. Ibanez's home runs have not been able to save a Yankees offense that is dreadfully boring to watch.

2) There was no hype for this series due to the scheduling. If the Tigers wrapped up their divisional series late Thursday, and the Yankees on Friday afternoon, why are we looking at game 3 of the ALCS already?

The MLB shot themselves in the foot by cramming in two ALCS games this weekend. People across the country were waking up on Saturday morning reading the papers only to turn on their TVs a few hours later and the ALCS already started.

I'm not saying this as an excuse for tiredness or fatigue, but the MLB postseason is already rushed enough. The regular season is too long and boring. And the postseason is over too quickly with the 5-game series.

Baseball should be around 120-130 games spread out more with four teams in each league (3 division winners, 1 wildcard) making the playoffs, to compete in 7-game divisional series.
02:46 PM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
This Yankees postseason offensive performance has been one of the most pathetic and gutless showings of all time.

Unless the roster gets hacked to bits with Cashman and/or Long fired I'm going to lock the team out next season like what the NHL is doing now. Just not even pay attention. It reminds me of the Canucks last season finishing first in the NHL then self-destructing in the playoffs. Don't even watch until it counts.

I've seen teams fall apart in the postseason before but rarely as bad as the Yankees right now. It's just sad to watch. They are so fucking bad lol.
04:44 PM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Media is shit. All I hear is drama about the Yankees. Sportscenter headlines are "ALCS: Yankees down 3-0." The Tigers are getting no press in this series. Nobody comments on how well the Tigers are playing, all I hear about is ARod and Granderson not starting games. The Tigers starting pitcher rotation has been phenomenal this post season, and I only hear about it on local radio. A combined ERA under 1 for the four pitchers. Incredible.

/rant

Anyways, loving this game right now.

Because whether you like the Yankees or not, they are a big deal and the drama is a great storyline that everyone wants to read.

In terms of popularity, the Tigers aren't even a pimple on the ass of the Yankees. It's true and you know it.

If Lebron led the Heat to the NBA finals and then missed all of his shots in a four game sweep do you honestly expect people to not notice or care?

Congratuations to the Tigers -- an excellent ballclub -- but the Yankees just had a historic collapse. You're going to hear about it for a while.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets