Male - 28 Years Old
yanks in 6
07:31 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Cano now batting, what, .050 now this postseason?
08:41 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Shoot me baseball gods....fucking shoot me
09:08 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Come on tigers. Fucking come on. Don't give the yankees the satisfaction. Mannnnnn up
10:37 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I think the crowd at Yankee Stadium is not into it for two very obvious reasons:

1) This current Yankees squad is easily delivering the most boring postseason performance for at least the past 15 years.

The one part of the game where fans can really get loud (when the Yankees are at the plate) has no drama or intrigue. Just endless scoreless innings, endless whiffing, endless ground outs and fly balls. Endless consecutive games where guys go 1 for 5, 0 for 5, 0 for 4. Ibanez's home runs have not been able to save a Yankees offense that is dreadfully boring to watch.

2) There was no hype for this series due to the scheduling. If the Tigers wrapped up their divisional series late Thursday, and the Yankees on Friday afternoon, why are we looking at game 3 of the ALCS already?

The MLB shot themselves in the foot by cramming in two ALCS games this weekend. People across the country were waking up on Saturday morning reading the papers only to turn on their TVs a few hours later and the ALCS already started.

I'm not saying this as an excuse for tiredness or fatigue, but the MLB postseason is already rushed enough. The regular season is too long and boring. And the postseason is over too quickly with the 5-game series.

Baseball should be around 120-130 games spread out more with four teams in each league (3 division winners, 1 wildcard) making the playoffs, to compete in 7-game divisional series.

i love the crammed playoffs, it's more consistent to what the regular season is dont you think? For 162 games, and 6 months, teams play 8 games in 9 nights all the time...so to do it in the playoffs, just seems to make sense. What's great about the crammed the schedule too is that a team can't just rely on 1 or 2 starters to carry them through the playoffs. The yankees and tigers couldn't fanagle a way to have Verlander and CC pitch THREE times, sometimes ina playoff series. Also, what i want to happen more too is that I want managers to have to use their bullpen like they would in the regular season more. Games where you have 8 pitchers is NOT condusive to what the regular season is all about.

And the 1 game-playin and 3 game divisional round are just too much fun to change. The ratings for some of those games were REALLY good, the orioles/yanks, cards/nats had some fantastic numbers...and i think the reason for it was because a) you had big markets vs new stories, and b) because since baseball was so crammed, it was ALL anyone could think abuot for a week. I forgot about college and the nfl until saturday/sunday because there was just SO much baseball on. Multiple 4 days with all 4 games on! that was awesome.

this has been one of the most exciting seasons of playoff baseball (minus having the mets in it) i could think of.
03:15 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Tigers win 4-3
11:23 PM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Tigers vs Giants has a nice ring to it. two franchises that have been around since 1901 that have only faced eachother 12 times ever....never in a ws obviously...i like it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos