Username
Password

12:52 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old
I was born and raised here in Las Vegas and I love it. Seems like everyone in this city wants to move to California. I'm definitely not one of those people. Just curious if anyone here in PL lives in Vegas too. I like that I live in the place that The Cab, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, NeYo, and Panic! At The Disco all started out.
09:29 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
eons
It's my mistake to make.
Dead, NV
Male
Yup.
01:12 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
intl p
golly...
No Avatar Selected
las vegas, nv
Male
i've lived here for about a year and i love it.
01:22 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
intl p
golly...
No Avatar Selected
las vegas, nv
Male
is there a solid punk venue in vegas? people always tell me to go to double down and i've been to the aruba. just wondering if there is some secret underground dive of awesome that i've yet to discover.
01:43 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
eons
It's my mistake to make.
Dead, NV
Male
is there a solid punk venue in vegas? people always tell me to go to double down and i've been to the aruba. just wondering if there is some secret underground dive of awesome that i've yet to discover.
only thing that comes to mind is Yayo's Tacos. They cover a lot of genres though.
01:51 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old

There's the Sancutary, on Craig and Losee.
I've never been there, but a lot of local bands play there.

There used to be a really cool venue at Area 702 Skatepark, but it closed down like at the beginning of 2011. I think they're trying to reopen it at a new location.

Not exactly a local band venue, although they have band battles sometimes, but the Hard Rock on the Strip has a really exciting vibe and great food. Went to see Patrick Stump last year.
01:58 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
intl p
golly...
No Avatar Selected
las vegas, nv
Male
There's the Sancutary, on Craig and Losee.
I've never been there, but a lot of local bands play there.

There used to be a really cool venue at Area 702 Skatepark, but it closed down like at the beginning of 2011. I think they're trying to reopen it at a new location.

Not exactly a local band venue, although they have band battles sometimes, but the Hard Rock on the Strip has a really exciting vibe and great food. Went to see Patrick Stump last year.

thanks. i'll have to just look around. places open and close very quickly here. it's amazing. im actually going to the hard rock this weekend to see kendrick lamar.
07:49 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
MPLS/LA
Male - 26 Years Old
I'll be in Vegas this weekend. Let's party.
08:50 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old
I'll be in Vegas this weekend. Let's party.

I'm not much of a partier haha.
08:56 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
unfortunately i'm Leaving Las Vegas
10:17 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
When I was in vegas, my best friend asked EVERYONE who said they were from there if they knew who The Cab was (it's her favorite band). She asked a cab driver and he was SO confused by her question.

Alas, no one knew who they were and she was sad. She wanted to stalk them.

ps, jealous you live in vegas. The weather rocks and you have the best entertainment in the US basically a few mins away.
11:04 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old
When I was in vegas, my best friend asked EVERYONE who said they were from there if they knew who The Cab was (it's her favorite band). She asked a cab driver and he was SO confused by her question.

ps, jealous you live in vegas. The weather rocks and you have the best entertainment in the US basically a few mins away.

Well, I wouldn't expect The Cab to be something that random cab drivers necessarily listen to, but The Cab does have a big fan base here. And well, most of their hometown fan base has been there for years. Same with The Higher. Before they broke up, they had their longtime Vegas fans singing along to every word (They used to put on the most entertaining and energetic shows. Oh, how I miss them).

Also, I think it's awesome that you love Vegas weather. I've always wondered what out of town people thought of our weather when they visit, because most people here just want to move to Cali to get away from the weather. Personally, I don't like California weather enough to ever live there.
11:10 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old

Ps, My brother saw Alex Deleon at the Red Rock theaters one time, in the same week that they were playing at Bite of Las Vegas festival last year (where I met Joey Thunder). I wouldn't stalk them, but it'd probably be easy to run into the guys in The Cab on purpose.
02:03 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Stonesandpies
Las Vegas, Nevada
Male - 28 Years Old
Check out a band from Las Vegas called Avalon Landing (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2921132), and listen to current releases on www.purevolume.com/avalonlanding and on facebook. Played Bite of Las Vegas, opened a couple times for Imagine Dragons at Hard Rock and are in the process of writing a new record.
06:10 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
Well, I wouldn't expect The Cab to be something that random cab drivers necessarily listen to, but The Cab does have a big fan base here. And well, most of their hometown fan base has been there for years. Same with The Higher. Before they broke up, they had their longtime Vegas fans singing along to every word (They used to put on the most entertaining and energetic shows. Oh, how I miss them).

Also, I think it's awesome that you love Vegas weather. I've always wondered what out of town people thought of our weather when they visit, because most people here just want to move to Cali to get away from the weather. Personally, I don't like California weather enough to ever live there.

Yeah, she was intoxicated and figured that it would be hilarious if our cab driver (that barely spoke english) knew them... She is so obsessed with them though, it's all I heard about "I bet they were in this exact spot before!!!!" haha.

It's amazing, I went in August and it was like 110 but there was no humidity..so in love. Perfect and ideal summer weather. I've never been to Cali, though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos