AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 89.
01:42 PM on 10/16/12
Nightfox33
User Info.
Needs more edge this time around, less synth more rock. I'm the biggest blink fan their is so I'm in no way complaining but tom needs to leave the Ava sound out of blink.
This
02:05 PM on 10/16/12
tdlyon
User Info.
Fucking excited as hell. I loved Neighborhoods, but felt it would have been even better if they had all recorded together, and now they are, so I can't even imagine how good this one will be.

For the record, I'd rate the albums: s/t>EotS>NH>TOYPAJ>DR>CC
02:43 PM on 10/16/12
Lycanthrope182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't believe people who think Mark is the one whose songwriting was bad on Neighborhoods. Aside from two or three songs, Tom's songwriting was utter shit (GOTDF, Wishing Well, This Is Home). And it's not like Mark had any time to shine either. FFS, he sang on like 3-4 songs on the album. And about the thing he should become Tom's songwriting assistant/sidekick is just ridiculous. He is much better songwriter than Tom, and if blink wants to go places, Mark should be the one calling the shots.
02:53 PM on 10/16/12
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
Fucking excited as hell. I loved Neighborhoods, but felt it would have been even better if they had all recorded together, and now they are, so I can't even imagine how good this one will be.

For the record, I'd rate the albums: s/t>EotS>NH>TOYPAJ>DR>CC
you're out of your mind having dude ranch so low on your list.
02:59 PM on 10/16/12
voodoochild
User Info.
Tom really doesn't look like he wants to be there. ???
haha! This.
03:18 PM on 10/16/12
tdlyon
User Info.
you're out of your mind having dude ranch so low on your list.
I absolutely love Dude Ranch. Just not as much as the ones I put in front of it. Chesire Cat is the only one that isn't amazing imo
04:42 PM on 10/16/12
jwoody
User Info.
"...they were going to try to record as much as possibe together." Pffffft. Based on that alone I expect another Neighborhoods. Only way they'll get a cohesive sounding record is if they block a good 1-2 months in he studio and do this thing as a band.
05:52 PM on 10/16/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Somebody needs to slap the reverb out of Tom if this record is going to sound good. Neighborhoods is one of the only records that sounds both overproduced and muddy, making for a horrible combination.
05:54 PM on 10/16/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
THIS. Why did they suddenly lose the ability to write a real bridge?

If you listen to Enema or TOYPAJ most of the bridges are instrumental. (What's My Age Again, All the Small Things, Adam's Song, Dysentady Gary, Stay Togehter for the Kids)
08:22 PM on 10/16/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
heart's all gone needed a major vocal bridge similar to the one in the rock show that's all I wish they would have done differently.....aside from pushing it back a year and record it in 3 different locations
09:27 PM on 10/16/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
yea but what does jesse lacey think?
11:30 PM on 10/16/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
rather them just tour n play only the hits\singles
11:50 PM on 10/16/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
So many haters on page 1 of this thread. lolololol
12:24 AM on 10/17/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
you got it !
02:31 AM on 10/17/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"...they were going to try to record as much as possibe together." Pffffft. Based on that alone I expect another Neighborhoods. Only way they'll get a cohesive sounding record is if they block a good 1-2 months in he studio and do this thing as a band.
Mark joked he was probably going to need a lot of transatlantic flights. I think the idea is they'll try and record the whole thing together if they can, but there are obvious geographical problems.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums