Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 89 of 89.
04:41 AM on 10/17/12
perfectstranger
Long live ennui on me
User Info.
With Jerry Finn dead they will never reach the heights of Self Titled ever again. The songs might be better if they record/write them together but the album itself will sound the same.
11:57 AM on 10/17/12
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Add Natives and you'd have trimmed the fat from NEIGHBORHOODS perfectly. The rest of the songs don't do a damn thing for me.
I dunno I really dig MH 4.18.2011. I dont know if I have ever made it all the way through Fighting The Gravity. Its to boring.
11:58 AM on 10/17/12
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
With Jerry Finn dead they will never reach the heights of Self Titled ever again. The songs might be better if they record/write them together but the album itself will sound the same.
I wish they would try bringing in another producer. It won't be Jerry, but it would be interesting.
01:06 PM on 10/17/12
jwoody
User Info.
Mark joked he was probably going to need a lot of transatlantic flights. I think the idea is they'll try and record the whole thing together if they can, but there are obvious geographical problems.
That's the thing though, I'd rather them not do it at all until they can find 2 months and be in the same room for the whole process. Mark can afford to take 2 months and fly to San Diego/LA/wherever they're recording it. I honestly feel they needs to take this record very, very seriously and find a producer that they like, respect and would love to work with.

I think I speak for most people in here in saying that another self produced album just isn't going to do it.
03:45 PM on 10/17/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's the thing though, I'd rather them not do it at all until they can find 2 months and be in the same room for the whole process. Mark can afford to take 2 months and fly to San Diego/LA/wherever they're recording it. I honestly feel they needs to take this record very, very seriously and find a producer that they like, respect and would love to work with.

I think I speak for most people in here in saying that another self produced album just isn't going to do it.
He also said they plan to record after the Australian tour, I'm assuming that there's your 2 month gap.

As for the self-produced thing, Mark and Tom have both done production work and it's clear that in terms of a professional relationship that's what they view as the only solution after Jerry Finn's passing.

Incidentally, Mark also said that during Neighborhoods they were all very polite in the studio what with the whole not-wanting-to-break-up-again thing and they're "past that stage now". So that's something?
03:48 PM on 10/17/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
thread is full of lols
04:21 PM on 10/17/12
jwoody
User Info.
He also said they plan to record after the Australian tour, I'm assuming that there's your 2 month gap.

As for the self-produced thing, Mark and Tom have both done production work and it's clear that in terms of a professional relationship that's what they view as the only solution after Jerry Finn's passing.

Incidentally, Mark also said that during Neighborhoods they were all very polite in the studio what with the whole not-wanting-to-break-up-again thing and they're "past that stage now". So that's something?
Yeah, I hear you about the Mark/Tom having produced their fair share of records...specifically Mark. All I'm saying that it might be good to bring in a third party producer to spice things up a bit, you know?

No one can replace Jerry, but I think it's time they kind of move on and try someone other than just Chris Holmes and themselves.
10:46 PM on 10/17/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I loved Neighbourhoods. It took a while but the songs are really well crafted. Especially Wishing Well
06:44 AM on 10/18/12
rickman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Feel like this could be great but I doubt we'll have it a year from now. Anything before 2014 seems unreasonable for any band, not just Blink.
Yellowcard released 2 solid albums in 2 years. Just one of several examples.
08:44 AM on 10/18/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Yellowcard released 2 solid albums in 2 years. Just one of several examples.
Yellowcard's members don't have growing families and 3+ other obligations on their plate.
09:07 AM on 10/18/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
Yeah, I hear you about the Mark/Tom having produced their fair share of records...specifically Mark. All I'm saying that it might be good to bring in a third party producer to spice things up a bit, you know?

No one can replace Jerry, but I think it's time they kind of move on and try someone other than just Chris Holmes and themselves.

Agreed. I liken it to the fact that you would never solely review your own essay before submitting it. Somebody else is more likely to notice things and provide input that you may not see but that will improve your work. This may seem out there but I think butch vig would be an awesome choice. He's done work with other pop punk acts (not like blink really fits that mould anymore) as well as some of the hugest rock bands ever.
09:23 AM on 10/18/12
rickman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yellowcard's members don't have growing families and 3+ other obligations on their plate.
You said "Anything before 2014 seems unreasonable for any band, not just Blink." Any band. I'll be sure not to take it literally next time.
09:30 AM on 10/18/12
jwoody
User Info.
Agreed. I liken it to the fact that you would never solely review your own essay before submitting it. Somebody else is more likely to notice things and provide input that you may not see but that will improve your work. This may seem out there but I think butch vig would be an awesome choice. He's done work with other pop punk acts (not like blink really fits that mould anymore) as well as some of the hugest rock bands ever.
Wow! Dude, yes! Never even crossed my mind but he would be PERFECT. That seriously needs to happen. Someone get someone on the phone and do something!

Good call.
09:20 AM on 10/20/12
tonyisonfire
User Info.
Tom really doesn't look like he wants to be there. ???
Hahah... :D
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News