Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31
07:29 PM on 10/16/12
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this track grew on me, i can now get into it. that fan is going to be so excited now that she knows the songs about her.
09:48 PM on 10/16/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Hands down my favorite song off the new album.... then Vic The butcher
10:12 PM on 10/16/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Least favorite song on the album...though 1:15 - 1:30 (of the actual song, not this vid haha) iis full of beautiful pop goodness.
10:16 PM on 10/16/12
AndyMania
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha I loooove that guitar line. Judging by the comments, this song is pretty polarizing among CoCa fans, which doesn't necessarily surprise me. I think if you were an early fan who loved "Al The Killer" this song is for you. If you're a later fan, and more into their epic sound I think, then it is definitely a grower. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.
i love both coheed's. if the song stayed with that same vibe (dark/korn sounding), i probably wouldn't have liked it. I love that it suddenly gets poppy.

IMO
IKSSE3 > SSTB > GA1 > Afterman > NWFT > BR
11:32 PM on 10/16/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Haha I loooove that guitar line. Judging by the comments, this song is pretty polarizing among CoCa fans, which doesn't necessarily surprise me. I think if you were an early fan who loved "Al The Killer" this song is for you. If you're a later fan, and more into their epic sound I think, then it is definitely a grower. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.
Oh I love the song now and the guitar line is great once the bass and drums kick in, it's just the very very beginning that doesn't stand out to me.
01:04 AM on 10/17/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
this song is the closest to their past two albums on the album, which is why its so polarizing. while it may be along that style, it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.
01:55 AM on 10/17/12
glogglies
User Info.
I love the "best song/worst song" comments. Honestly, it's one of my favorites on the album. I totally agree - immediately thought of "Al the Killer" when I heard this song.

SO happy with this album.
I kinda see this album as a 'best of' without being a best of. It takes inspiration from all the best Coheed tracks. Hollywood is very much this album's Al The Killer. Great song.
05:18 AM on 10/17/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.

Lol, no.
08:43 AM on 10/17/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
I wish I could have seen the videos. I've almost overplayed this record now, it is too short. I have a feeling that Descension is gonna blow Ascension out of the water though. Iron Fist is an amazing song.
08:49 AM on 10/17/12
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
This song is great and the album just keeps getting better with every listen.
11:06 AM on 10/17/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.

Hey thanks for letting me know how wrong I am, you've totally changed my mind
12:13 PM on 10/17/12
thesinkingship
User Info.
Hey thanks for letting me know how wrong I am, you've totally changed my mind
Good, glad I could help you change your incorrect viewpoint.
12:57 PM on 10/17/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this song is the closest to their past two albums on the album, which is why its so polarizing. while it may be along that style, it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.
I actually enjoyed a lot of NWFT, and I think there are a ton of songs off those two albums that are better than this. Mother Superior is one of their best ever. The End Complete III is amazing, The Hound, Gravemakers, Feathers, The Broken, Black Rainbow, Juggernaut...all better in my opinion.

I feel like the hate for NWFT comes from only a few bad tracks. Specifically, The Running Free, Justice in Murder, and The Road and the Damned. Those songs were some of Coheed's worst, and I feel like it taints people's opinions of some of the other songs.
01:59 PM on 10/17/12
thesinkingship
User Info.
I actually enjoyed a lot of NWFT, and I think there are a ton of songs off those two albums that are better than this. Mother Superior is one of their best ever. The End Complete III is amazing, The Hound, Gravemakers, Feathers, The Broken, Black Rainbow, Juggernaut...all better in my opinion.

I feel like the hate for NWFT comes from only a few bad tracks. Specifically, The Running Free, Justice in Murder, and The Road and the Damned. Those songs were some of Coheed's worst, and I feel like it taints people's opinions of some of the other songs.
In a way, I think the last part is true. NWFT, Feathers, Hound, TEC III are on the same level as other "best" Coheed songs. It's just that some songs that feel more like b-sides made the cut somehow (ala The Running Free or Justice in Murder).
06:42 PM on 10/17/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
bad song by bad band

next

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles