Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 60
12:00 PM on 01/31/08
bjumpsnota
User Info.
fantastic disc. well worth the wait
09:07 AM on 02/01/08
liveloud4life
User Info.
don't compare great prog-rock to mediocre metalcore ever again, thank you.

Don't ever say that Protest is mediocre ever again. I love Rush alot, and I thoroughly believe that they would completely support PTH's direction. Besides he was just makin the connection of the high vocals. Don't even say that Geddy Lee's voice isn't a little high and annoying.
09:10 AM on 02/01/08
liveloud4life
User Info.
excellent

can not wait for the third cd by these guys

Bands like this make me proud to be a Canadian

Canada sux. Jk. It does seem like alot of really good musicians come out of Canada.
09:26 AM on 02/01/08
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Don't ever say that Protest is mediocre ever again. I love Rush alot, and I thoroughly believe that they would completely support PTH's direction. Besides he was just makin the connection of the high vocals. Don't even say that Geddy Lee's voice isn't a little high and annoying.
Geddy's voice is great. It fits the music and it has character. PTH is just generic metalcore to begin with, topped with vocals that don't fit, it's a bad combo. There is nothing special about this band in the least.
11:11 AM on 02/01/08
rammie
User Info.
I cannot wait to see them this tuesday. I never really payed attention to them before, but I decided to check them out a couple months ago and was impressed. But this cd deffinitly converted me into a fan. So many great bands are coming from Canada these days...yup I'm happy to be a Canadian.
04:02 PM on 02/02/08
mikado
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The vocals make this band unbearable for me to listen to.
laugh

<3. I think we might be the only two people on this site that like Rush haha. Neil Peart is one of my heroes (along with Stewart Copeland, Billy Cobham and Steve Gadd)
and laugh.

the only two people on this entire site that like Rush huh? yea okay.
10:41 AM on 02/04/08
SwallowMyWords
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great Review. I heard the stream on myspace. I was blown away, not having heard their first album. It reminded me of the new mastodon stuff alot with the guitars. I can't wait to see this live.

hahaha are u kidding me? Mastadon? They don't even compare. Protest shits on mastadon
02:00 PM on 02/11/08
liveloud4life
User Info.
Geddy's voice is great. It fits the music and it has character. PTH is just generic metalcore to begin with, topped with vocals that don't fit, it's a bad combo. There is nothing special about this band in the least.

I'm not gonna get into a debate with you about it but whether or not it fits seems to be an opinion. Personally the music seems spastic and incessant just like his vocals to me.
08:26 AM on 02/12/08
rivaldi22
Keelah Se'lai.
User Info.
Rush and PTH are both awesome. Jesus.
08:55 AM on 02/14/08
total brodown
User Info.
i think the biggest improvement to Protest The Hero as a whole is how much Moe, the drummer, has improved.

the only thing that got annoying to me on Kezia is he played the same 1&, 2&, 3&, 4& beat in like 80% of each song.
07:03 PM on 02/27/08
guirock
guirock
User Info.
this album is great
01:44 PM on 05/04/08
RosinatheRocket
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Bloodmeat" was the first song I heard from Protest and I was instantly hooked. Downloaded Fortress and was impressed. The way their songs go from slow to fast, slow again only to go back to fast was amazing. Never seen them live so I'm definitely psyched to see them in Warped Tour this year.
07:52 PM on 09/01/09
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
God (goddess?), this album is phenomenal. Can't wait to see what they do next.
11:05 AM on 08/12/10
RadiantEyes
Between The Heart and The Synapse
User Info.
Only a couple of songs I remember....Everything else is bland to me.... But it is nonetheless a very mature record for these guys.
04:44 PM on 09/22/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuckyouverymuch.

Protest isn't a generic metalcore band. They're not generic and they're not metalcore. Show me another band that sounds just like PTH, and show me where there's any hardcore influence in their sound.

No? Yeah, like I said, fuckyouverymuch.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version