Password
This Thread is Closed.

11:32 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Alright, this is solely to test the waters, see what kind of reception an idea like this would get. I"m still not sure if it could even work, that's what I opened up a preface thread.

So a few months ago in the last fantasy band draft thread, I (completely in passing and jest) tossed out the idea of a 'Fantasy Show Draft.' It's fairly self-explanatory; the same format as the band drafts, except with television. What this would entail is 'drafting' the cast of a TV show and subsequently creating your own premise in which these people would act. It's voted on by (I guess) how good the premise is, how well the actors fit, and whether or not it is something you feel like people would watch.

Could this work? If it could, would any/many/some of you be interested in taking part? Thoughts/questions/concerns would be great, because at this point, I have no idea what the drafting criteria would be as far as filling roles.

This is a pretty open-ended ramble here, so I'm going to cut it off. Feel free to toss any general thoughts in the replies, we can build off that.

PS This would probably turn out better than Terriers group watch because it requires being active.
11:52 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
This could be fun.
11:54 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old

Also, just to get this out of the way, Valid Point kind of fell apart because I just don't have the time to do it right now, man. I'm sorry I couldn't keep everybody updated as things went south, but I'm working so much, and going back to school soon, I just can't fit review writing into my schedule. I plan on sending an email out to you all this week about me like running the site and stuff and just having you guys write for it.
11:57 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
This is interesting.
11:57 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I feel like this would be worth it if only just to create your own TV concept. I have a few that I've wanted to work kinks out of, and this would be the perfect way.
12:13 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield
Male - 23 Years Old
As it is I have barely any idea how these work, but I'd take part.
12:37 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Also, just to get this out of the way, Valid Point kind of fell apart because I just don't have the time to do it right now, man. I'm sorry I couldn't keep everybody updated as things went south, but I'm working so much, and going back to school soon, I just can't fit review writing into my schedule. I plan on sending an email out to you all this week about me like running the site and stuff and just having you guys write for it.
Aren't you heading out to LA for an internship soon?
12:42 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male
Interested
02:02 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
All the way interested. Although I doubt I'll miss it, hit me up with a PM if you get the draft thread up and I haven't seen it.

Also, one concern is the number of people that could be cast. How would you go about doing that? A straight number for main and recurring? Just main? Or just a number you can't go over and the drafter decides the importance of each role?
02:57 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
I'd be down. Sounds like a fun creative exercise at the worst.

Would cartoons count? I work at Cartoon Network so that could be fun.
03:52 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
This was one of my posts in the draft thread after people starts receiving it positively.

Obviously I know what he meant, as poorly as he worded it. The write ups would be essentially the same. I mean, you'd have an entire draft to formulate what you would do. It's not like you're going to be blindsided by the fact that you have to create a show idea when it's time to submit a synopsis (the word you were originally looking for).

What would it be:
Lead actor
Optional second lead actor
Supporting
Supporting
Supporting
Optional fourth supporting
Recurring
Recurring
Optional third recurring
Special Guest Star (3 episodes or less)
Director of Pilot

I really have no clue how it would be set up.

So we have to discern a difference between 'supporting' and 'recurring,' tie down episode appearance ceilings for both those, include some type of caveat for ensemble casts (you want six co-leads, then you get no support, just recurring), the special guest star is for like movie stars who do a single episode or under three, and then I suppose we could add writer of pilot. In the synopses, we could vaguely plan out a season if we wanted, but this is more about like a...whole show? I don't know how to phrase that last part, but there's some of my train of thought.
05:18 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield
Male - 23 Years Old
I get it.
05:58 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I mean, in theory, it's a cool idea (at least, I think so). Just not sure if it'll work.
06:01 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
I'm down lets go
06:03 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I like it. Let's do it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE