Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Dropout Year Part Ways With Singer

Posted by: Blake Solomon (01/28/08)
Dropout Year have parted ways with singer/bassist Adam Henderson. The band is searching for a replacement. A lengthy blog detailing the situation can be seen in the replies.

Submitted by taylerx0

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:47 AM on 01/28/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
BlogTo our friends and family,

Dropout Year has been a band for almost four years, and it pains us to announce that after over 200 shows and three CDs, we have decided to part ways with our singer/bassist, Adam Henderson. This was a mutual decision between all of us and Adam.

As a band, we have been faced with far too many situations in the past few years where we have had to sacrifice shows, opportunities to further our career, and our personal time and morals ... all of which increasingly tested our tolerance for a lack of dedication and responsibility to a band that means the world to the majority of its members.

We had all made the decision to replace Adam Friday night after being forced to cancel both shows we had this weekend (apologies to everyone at Room With A Brew and Westminster High School) for questionable reasons on Adam's part. After speaking with Adam, he was well aware of the sacrifices we all had made to this point at his hands, and that it was to the point where he was not as dedicated to the band as the rest of us, and in turn was only holding us back from growing as a band, and as people. His actions made our decision.

Adam is a good person whom we all loved and will miss dearly, and it meant the world to us to know he understood the position he had put us in, and that in the end it would be best for every single one of us for us to part ways. Adam has decided to focus more on his life outside of the band, and we feel that is most definitely for the best. He's going to move on with his life and see where it takes him, and we wish him newfound success in every avenue of his life.

The rest of us here at Dropout Year, on the other hand, want to continue living our dream in hopes to be able to soon move to a higher level and be able to do this for a living and hopefully enjoy success stretching outside of the MD region. Of course, we can only achieve this with your support.

This may be upsetting to many of you, but we ask that you please respect our decisions on this, both parties are sure this is in the best interest for us. We also ask for your continued love and support through these especially hard times, while we try to move on and continue making great music in the future, and having the times of our lives. Anyone who knows anything about this band, knows that we are all about our friends and fans. Seeing and talking to everyone at shows, online, around town makes this band tick, and we need that continued love to keep going.

We have already heard many of the rumors being spread, and we want to make it very clear that Dropout Year IS DEFINITELY NOT BREAKING UP, nor are we slowing down. Some people find a way to get involved in a situation they have nothing to do with by creating false statements, and it pains us to even hear some of them. If anyone has any questions, as always, feel free to message us here and we'll gladly address them all.

That leads us to our second announcement ... that we are going to begin searching for a replacement singer and a bassist, or someone who can do both. If you are interested in the position, have professional equipment, songwriting experience, an interest in pop/punk and rock music, and an unmatched determination to make it happen, please contact us at dropoutyear@gmail.com. Serious inquires only!

It is never easy writing something like this, and especially of such a personal nature, but it's one of those moments that we know we can get through. We truly believe in the end, this is for the best and we will be a better band when it's all said and done. As one door closes, another opens.

The word love doesn't cut it, but we love you all.

-Dropout Year"
03:36 AM on 01/28/08
RamInGoreville
Occupy Your Mind
User Info.
nononononno wtf I love adam!

I've been a DY fan since the begining...dslfk gonna be hard for me to like them if they get a new singer
04:56 AM on 01/28/08
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
The downfall of Dropout Year begins.
05:00 AM on 01/28/08
EamonKid
User Info.
The downfall of Dropout Year begins.
hat eto say it but, agreed. impossible to come across good lead singers.
05:39 AM on 01/28/08
davexo
User Info.
Awesome band, but does anyone else think that he sung with a slight lisp/speech impediment ?
Listen to "If Walls Could Talk", his pronunciation is weird!

Anyways, I love these guys, and I hope they sort this out, they have the potential to be huge! I saw a bulletin on myspace from them the other day, and it said that Adam was ill and couldn't play a show that night.

"DEFINITELY NOT BREAKING UP, nor are we slowing down."

Didn't Hit The Lights say that? When was the last time we had an update from them? :(.
05:42 AM on 01/28/08
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.
what!
05:51 AM on 01/28/08
whothehellispat
who ze shit is kingsly zissou?
User Info.
hahaha
06:14 AM on 01/28/08
mcslove
stfu! im awesome?! :]
User Info.
oh nooo!

that's horrible
07:02 AM on 01/28/08
JustAnotherPoet
needs something interesting here
User Info.
wow. definitely a sucky situation. something tells me things might start heading south at this point, but i hope that isn't the case...
07:22 AM on 01/28/08
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
he had a great voice
what a shame
07:35 AM on 01/28/08
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
I wonder when the AJ from The Dangerous Summer rumors are going to start
08:25 AM on 01/28/08
bailmeout13
It could be a bowling site.
User Info.
Really just started getting into this band, kind of sucks that their singer is gone now.
08:57 AM on 01/28/08
tommy413
User Info.
Dropout Year is never going to get off the ground.
09:35 AM on 01/28/08
tony_u
User Info.
Quote:
does anyone else think that he sung with a slight lisp/speech impediment ?

That was just his attempt at being a "pop/punk" ala patrick stump.

Guys, look as this as an opportunity to face reality. You're not going to make a living in the music industry. Finish school, get real jobs. There is already a pop-punk band from baltimore who are a lot better and they are still struggling to succeed in a fickle profit-less industry.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests