Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
03:16 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
....Except that SNL hasn't really been that awful lately. One might say it's actually been quite funny.
03:24 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
no interest in Fun. but it's about damn time Louis hosted this shit.

also, why is every news site I read about this on acting like Louis CK just got big?
No one's acting like Louis got big. But you can't argue that he's just recently being recognized by more than comedy nerds and TV critics.
04:02 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
wasn't talking about ap.

maybe you're right tho, and i just took it for granted that "hey this guy is one of the best in his field ever. he's gotta be super well known.".

i just know that every time i've seen him it's been a sold out show of very diverse people, and I don't think I really know anyone who isn't familiar with him.

guess you can never account for the percentage of middle americans living under a rock and such.

either way, the more recognition the better.
It's kind of like the Grammys giving Best New Artist nominations to bands that have been out for a decade. They're basically saying "Yea, you've been around forever, but now you've made it big."
04:03 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
I hope Louie calls out SNL for ripping off O and A.
Few people care about Opie and Anthony, plus Louis has class. So no, that won't happen.
11:20 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
You know CK and the O and A boys are close friends right? All of them were on an episode this season plus Jim Norton is ALWAYS on Louie. That's not even mentioning that Bob Kelly (Louie's brother on the show) is on O&A once a week. Same with Colin Quinn. Even Chris Rock phones in the show every once in awhile. Either you're really ignorant for posting that or you're a Stern fan.

I'm aware of Louis and Norton association with Opie and Anthony. The thing is nobody cares about SNL doing a throwaway sketch that vaguely resembles a sketch on a radio show. Louis wouldn't even call out Dane Cook on taking his jokes. He's not going to risk looking like an ass for a couple of XM DJs.
11:21 PM on 10/21/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
I'm surprised Louis CK would do a show that's degraded as much as SNL.

Degraded? Yes, I suppose the show that still books top acts and comedians is not an achievement for Louis, who grew up watching the show.
09:21 PM on 10/22/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
I'm speaking of quality, not popularity bro. Although it's election season and I haven't even heard of any political sketches they've done so maybe popularity too.
2.9 Rating over the weekend. That's pretty solid for a late night show. Popularity really isn't a problem.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests