Username
Password
Tegan and Sara News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 38.
08:06 PM on 10/21/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
I like how everyone missed that the point of this song is that they don't have to do what their fans want and that they can write whatever type of music they want. They can't rewrite The Con forever, and I'd rather see them happy and writing whatever they want than trying to cater to jaded fans holding onto a sound they wrote when they were completely different people.

Plus, mixed in a live setting with all their old songs, these mesh wonderfully. It's great to have some dance jams with beautiful lyrics.
08:07 PM on 10/21/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
I am absolutely loving the direction they are taking for this new album. Wasn't sold on the live version, but love the studio one.
08:22 PM on 10/21/12
mka12992
I called in sick from your funeral
User Info.
I like how everyone missed that the point of this song is that they don't have to do what their fans want and that they can write whatever type of music they want. They can't rewrite The Con forever, and I'd rather see them happy and writing whatever they want than trying to cater to jaded fans holding onto a sound they wrote when they were completely different people.

Plus, mixed in a live setting with all their old songs, these mesh wonderfully. It's great to have some dance jams with beautiful lyrics.

They CAN do whatever they want. I don't have to like it. I'm not pissed or bashing them for taking their sound in this direction, I just don't particularly like it.
08:34 PM on 10/21/12
signal to noise
User Info.
Maybe pressured to do so from their label? Are they still on a major?
they are on a major, but I can't see that being the case.
08:41 PM on 10/21/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
I actually like this sound a lot, complements their voices a lot better honestly than their jagged indie sound ever did for the most part. Then again, they basically just sound like Metric now.
08:44 PM on 10/21/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Im liking the new songs and are quite glad they aren't being the Indie Coffee shop duo anymore..
12:09 AM on 10/22/12
Ryanlolz
HAVE, I, CONDEMNED HER?!
User Info.
Diggin' it hard.
12:18 AM on 10/22/12
dumpweed41
User Info.
I actually like this sound a lot, complements their voices a lot better honestly than their jagged indie sound ever did for the most part. Then again, they basically just sound like Metric now.
That's what I was thinking too. This song could almost have come off Synthetica
01:06 AM on 10/22/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they are on a major, but I can't see that being the case.
Why not? Countless bands have stated that majors have heavily pressured them to release hits? I love how people on this site think every single case of a band regressing and making more accessible music is an artistic decision and not a label/financial one.
04:25 AM on 10/22/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
From the first two songs I feel like this could end up being my favourite from them.
05:32 AM on 10/22/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
you're spot on
06:19 AM on 10/22/12
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
I think that after SIX records these girls have earned the right to do whatever they want. I'm kind of surprised by the direction they decided to take, but I can understand wanting a change.

I'm not in love with these songs, but I respect them, and you guys should too :)
This.
06:33 AM on 10/22/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Im liking the new songs and are quite glad they aren't being the Indie Coffee shop duo anymore..
Well, they kinda blew that joint with So Jealous.
07:47 AM on 10/22/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
I'm not a huge Tegan and Sara fan, nor have I ever been, just because I haven't listened to a lot of their music. From the responses, I've gathered that this is a very new direction for them to be taking. But, I dig the vibe of this song.
12:04 PM on 10/22/12
numbernine
User Info.
I think that after SIX records these girls have earned the right to do whatever they want.
Exactly.
Like the new style and cant wait for album!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests