AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Underoath News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Underoath

Posted by - 08:22 AM on 10/22/12
You can check out our interview with Underoath here. Topics include: final tour & inclusion of past members, two new songs, faith, and more.
From The Interview I guess the thing I'd want people to remember is that we were who we were, and we didn't pretend to be anything else. For me personally, I've always been adamant that this is where God has me, and what he wants me to be doing. I've spent every day being on tour, meeting new people and making new friends, going out to eat and hanging out with people. Personally, I would want people to look back and say "Those guys actually care, and it wasn't just a band/fan relationship, they really care", that's the way I've always looked at it because everything that we've ever been able to accomplish was able to happen because people cared about what we do, and supported our band. There's really no way to express the amount of gratitude that we have for people like that. We're real dudes who like playing real music, and try to be as cool as possible - not in a dress a certain way and act a certain way, but cool as in "Hey, let's just hang out and go get some food, let's talk".

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
08:35 AM on 10/22/12
TenSpeed
User Info.
Reading this makes me feel like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend.
09:14 AM on 10/22/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.

Yes.

Edit: I think it's really crazy that these guys are just 'not-gonna-be-there' anymore. But yeah, totally good move on ending it on a high note.
10:06 AM on 10/22/12
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
Summed it up perfectly. This hasn't set in yet, at all. Underoath will always have this special place in my heart.

10:27 AM on 10/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I wish Aaron had a bigger part in the tour. I still dont believe they're breaking up.
10:44 AM on 10/22/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
I have a feeling it won't officially set in until after I see them for the last time. I'm gonna be such a mess.
11:45 AM on 10/22/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Yo, do you think UO fans in DC are gonna start visiting Chris at his church just to be fanboy/girl at him now?
12:29 PM on 10/22/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
03:03 PM on 10/22/12
mageVSlock
we work while they sleep
User Info.
Respect. Thank you for sharing amazing music and amazing attitudes with us for all these years.

Underoath will always be one of my favorite bands of all time.
09:36 PM on 10/22/12
leftapart
User Info.
Thanks for posting these. I don't know why absolutepunk is so reluctant to post them though.
10:11 PM on 10/22/12
Amongster
Again And Again
User Info.
Thanks for posting these. I don't know why absolutepunk is so reluctant to post them though.
Reluctant? AP.net did post a link to the interview with Spencer, and the one with Tim was found within that thread after it was made available online.
10:24 PM on 10/22/12
pinkert0n
t(-_-t)
User Info.
this. They were one of my first favorite bands/one of the first bands i actually bothered to delve into their discography. i'm also not going to pretend that they weren't my gateway band for "loud" music.
11:03 PM on 10/22/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Because I like to toot the Absolutepunk horn, not the AltPress horn.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos